Some high ISO samples please

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am the process of deciding if i am going to buy a Q. Most important factor will be the possibility to High ISO  shooting as we are approaching the dark season. 

I have been googling extensively but i seem to mostly find test chart shots and very few real life samples, Thorsten seems to think that 6400 is the upper limit for useful pictures. However i found some 12800 which looked nice but also two which didn't look that nice. How about black and white and higher ISO?? What do you think? 

Could you please post some High  ISO  samples here?? With the exposure info? 

ISO 6400, F4, 1/80

The files are quite good at higher ISO, though I have not tried beyond 6400. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

I'd say B&W you can go to 12800, for color I'd say 6400 but in both cases you could go higher if you're only looking at printing 6x4. I do get some banding but Dfine sorts that pretty well and I don't find it particularly objectionable.

If absolute technical image quality is your aim then the RX1Rii or the A7Rii (even the A7Sii if you can cope with the lower MP) might be a better bet but the Q is still very very capable and (IMO) a whole heap more fun and enjoyable to shoot with than the Sony cameras.

• Like 2