I am in

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Last night I received an e-mail from the Leica store in Miami, telling me that my Q would be available for pick-up on Tuesday.  I decided to take a (fast) ride to Coral Gables, with my wife, to Miami Leica on Miracle Mile.  The two people I dealt with at the store, Josh and Luis, were so professional, knowledgeable, and respectful that it was a pleasure. They answered all my questions, including how to integrate the Leica Q App with the iPhone. Luis shot a wedding using the Q, and showed me some photos that were impressive. He also said the he would not hesitate to use the 35mm, or 50mm option on the Q with an ISO of 1600 or less. My trepidation about the 28mm lens vanished. Poof!

Not wanting to make a unintelligent decision, I had been vacillating between the Leica Q and the Sony RX1rii that comes out very soon. Once I had my hands on the Q, that was it. Once again, I was hooked on Leica. It just felt so natural and intuitive. Adios Sony! Hello Leica! If I keep this up, I may need an intervention. 

I appreciate all the well founded input by everyone, including the photos that demonstrated the versatility of the camera.  Thank you. 

• Like 3

I've had the original RX1 since it first came out and I am aware, interested and played with the new RX1RII last week at photo plus. I have also been a Leica shooter on and off for 20+ years. While I haven't taken photographs with the new RX1RII I did enjoy it as a nice small almost pocket camera. The new tilt screen and built in EVF are very nice too. But it still feels more like a point and shoot than the Leica Q. The Q really feels like a well made classic camera. I'm certain both will take marvelous photos but there is something really nice about having the dials, depth of field guide and solid real camera feel of the Q that you won't get in other cameras.

• Like 3