Nikon glass on M240

Deliberate1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The adaptor for my 85mm (which has an aperture ring) was only $40.  The adaptor for my 58mm lens (which is a G series and does not have an aperture ring) was $140.  

As for the Nikon bodies, they are truly excellent and I wish my M240 were just at the level of my 2009 purchased D3s camera in terms of buffer, high ISO performance and FPS.  It's just that I truly love my Leica bodies and it's my choice to use them on a lot of my personal and professional work.  I do wish I didn't have to constantly deal with the aforementioned issues, however.

• Like 1

I've used my Nikon F mount Zeiss 100mm/2 Makro Planar ZF.2 on my Leica M-P with EVF and Novoflex adapter. Frankly, the focusing accuracy wasn't very good compared to my D800E and the reflex finder. I would think it would work better adapted for Canon DSLR than it is on the M series, but would not be as convenient as a native ZE version. I did recently get a Leica thread mount 105mm/2.5 P. C. Nikkor rangefinder lens, when adapted the 105mm is easy to focus using the M-P's rangefinder, and compose with the EVF. Also nice is the 85mm/2 P. C. Nikkor. Both are classic lenses derived from the original Zeiss Sonnar 85mm/2, and render very differently to modern Leica, Zeiss or Nikon lenses (except for the 50mm/1.5 Sonnar ZM).

• Like 2

Nice photos ....point well taken ....I hate the Nikon body but I figured the Nikon glass will cause more trouble than its worth in terms of sharpness/calibration  and color. 

I guess I should be in the market for an adapter and give my Nikon lenses a try?

Anybody else have photos to shair of DSLR lenses on the M240?

I've got a few posted. This is one of my favorites, taken with the Micro-Nikkor 105/2.8 AI-S. The size of that clover flower is about 4mm across or so. 

17935287200_f2ba07b665_o_d.jpg

Edited by ramarren
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

I have just bought a Nikkor ED 180 / 2.8 and test shots show it's pretty accurate at shorter distances. At very long distances I don't know, because at infinity setting it won't focus beyond say 100-200 meters. This can not be the fault of the lens, can it?

The adapter I got was the cheapest around from Ebay, namely Fotasy NK-LM. And it feels cheap, too. There's a little play between the camera and the adapter, but on the lens side it sits tight. It must be some old batch, because it has no red markings on either side, which newer ones have as I have read. Does this mean that the adapter is too thin or thick? Which way is it?

There seems to be one Novoflex adapter for sale here in Helsinki - would it be a good idea to buy that? Only thing is that it costs almost as much as the lens. But that exactly was the case with the 60 mm Macro-Elmarit-R and the Leica R adapter, both of which I'm very happy with.

• 4 years later...

The Rayqual adapters are also very good quality. 

BTW: Longer focal length SLR lenses adapted to Leica M mount will often show some vignetting. There's not much you can do about this if it happens because the Leica M lens mount flange diameter is too small. It should not be a problem with the Nikkor 180/2.8, but it might. 

G