Would an updated Visoflex be possible?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Comparing the T's Visoflex to the EVF in the Q, and by all reports the EVF in the SL, the T falls somewhat short. In using the Visoflex, I've been a little unhappy with the performance and resolution, and my overall scene impression from shooting with the Visoflex, and seeing what got captured later.

I don't know how the EVF in the Visoflex is driven: is it video hardware within the Visoflex itself driving the EVF, or is it driven from hardware in the camera? Is that hardware being taxed with the resolution of the Visoflex now? Would it be possible to have a higher resolution, higher refresh rate Visoflex II someday?

It would be great, if possible. I think it would make for a worthwhile upgrade.

Theoretically anything is possible. The EVF (w.o knowing specs) in my Nikon 1 V3 has a much more natural rendering than the T's. No banding, no pixel jumping/shifting. I'm certain some upgrade might be possible via firmware, better yet, via hardware, and I cannot imagine anyone owning it delaying an upgrade and spend some serious bucks to get a better overall rendering, resolution and responsiveness. Wait and see.

Comparing the T's Visoflex to the EVF in the Q, and by all reports the EVF in the SL, the T falls somewhat short. In using the Visoflex, I've been a little unhappy with the performance and resolution, and my overall scene impression from shooting with the Visoflex, and seeing what got captured later.

I don't know how the EVF in the Visoflex is driven: is it video hardware within the Visoflex itself driving the EVF, or is it driven from hardware in the camera? Is that hardware being taxed with the resolution of the Visoflex now? Would it be possible to have a higher resolution, higher refresh rate Visoflex II someday?

It would be great, if possible. I think it would make for a worthwhile upgrade.

i have no complaints about the Viso 020 … have you adjusted the diopter correction, brightness and colour to suit your eyes? 

dunk

• Like 1

i have no complaints about the Viso 020 … have you adjusted the diopter correction, brightness and colour to suit your eyes? 

dunk

I have adjusted it, and it's OK, but I'd buy a new one with a quickness if the one from the Q got turned into a Visoflex II for the T.

I am happy with it too, I think it is really bright and also bigger than the Q, in fact bigger than many viewfinder which I prefer

I think if it ever will be a new visoflex it will probably be for a new camera system working with all latest cameras. New X comes to mind

I don't own a T (yet) but tried one out at Leica Mayfair yesterday, including the Visioflex, the first time I used it. There was definitely some lag, initially at it coming "online" when putting my eye to it and also when tracking in the store. Was an interesting experience coming from manual film cameras or old canon dSLR with OVF. If some firmware would improve these issues I would see a benefit, for sure, but suspect I would become accustomed to it with time. Slightly off topic but I have to say that the T really felt like a great tool in the hand, much more so (sadly for the wallet) than the X......