New firmware 1.4 available

I am sorry Bruce if i am of not much help. I got the t working to my wish in a hoot -no hickups with the iso. Maybe check your presets.

with 1.4 i see improvement in overall responcivenes.  What really exites me is that time between shots is so much shorter. Wow!

I just checked mine and the display "auto" ISO changes to the actual ISO value when I half-press the shutter.

Overall this is a big improvement: start-up time, focus acquisition speed, and touch screen responsiveness.  The T is now an even faster-handling camera. 

We all just received a much improved camera today.  What a sweet and unexpected surprise!

Update impossible : battery fully charged, firmware on top of SD card, blah-blah, ni matter what when firing with video release pressed, still have the normal screen, and no update screen.  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Download to another card and try again ? (After erasing the card) 

dunk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Update impossible : battery fully charged, firmware on top of SD card, blah-blah, ni matter what when firing with video release pressed, still have the normal screen, and no update screen.  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

I had a bit of a problem with that also because the instructions say to turn on the camera while "simultaneously" pressing the video button. I took that to mean "at the same time". However after having the same issue as you I simply held down the video button and THEN turned on the camera................and I got the firmware update screen. See if that works.

My problem is with the "auto iso". Before the update when I would half press the shutter the "auto iso" would change to the ACTUAL iso number that the metering system had chosen.

Now, after the update when I half press the shutter the "auto iso" then goes blank so there is no reading of the actual iso being used.

It works for me. I don't have a pre-1.410 camera and so I can't tell if the behavior changed or not but I think what is going on is they changed the order that they are doing thing while optimizing the focus speed. The ISO does appear but it takes a second. So I think what you are noticing is that the focuses and then after that, it computes the ISO and displays it and so there is a lag.

When you're doing performance work on small processors where humans can actually notice responsiveness and speed. Sometimes, improving the user experience is just juggling the order you do things so that the thing most important to the user is done first. Everything gets done just not in the same order. Something like:

Old way of doing it:

Calculate ISO

Display ISO on live view display

Focus lens

Change box to green

New way of doing it:

Calculate exposure well enough that the AF system can work

focus the lens

Display the green box

Fine tune exposure settings including the ISO

display the ISO on the display.

this new firmware is fantastic.

I am loving the improved speed of startup and autofocus and also review speeds seem to be improved.  It is like having a new camera.... or the T I always wanted but put up with the slowness previously as everything else about the camera is great.  Now it is perfect for me - so glad I bought it.

What was the file name of the firmware update you transferred to the SD card?

The file name is T701_v14.TUF

Is that correct?

Another reason I think it is a bug (at least on my camera) is I am now seeing the actual iso after half pressing the shutter VERY intermittently displaying with no rhyme or reason when it will or won't show up.

Is it possible to re-download the firmware again into the camera? I am in the process of recharging my battery to full power which seems to be required.

The file name is T701_v14.TUF

Is that correct?

Another reason I think it is a bug (at least on my camera) is I am now seeing the actual iso after half pressing the shutter VERY intermittently displaying with no rhyme or reason when it will or won't show up.

Is it possible to re-download the firmware again into the camera? I am in the process of recharging my battery to full power which seems to be required.

It should be but I would send an email to Leica to verify that. In the past, on some other cameras, if you tried to reload the firmware it worked okay.

I downloaded and installed firmware 1.4 following instructions, carefully. After update, camera instructed me to restart. When I did, camera began operating intermittently, switching screens and selecting options on its own without input. It contnues to do this as long as it is on. Tried to restart, removed battery, etc. Nothing works. I cannot reload firmware as it informs me firmware is up to date.

I am taking the camera in to the local dealer, where purchased, tomorrow (Tamarkin), but wanted to post so that others are aware.