New firmware 1.4 available

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has anyone experienced difficulty formatting an SD card 'in-camera' since updating the firmware? I can format … but takes several taps on the `'Yes`' touch screen option before the process commences … whereas previously was instant. 

dunk

Not me. Works well so far. One tap.

• 3 weeks later...

I have lost control of the camera since I installed the 1.4 version of the firmware. I use to shoot in manual mode, now I am not sure of the aperture or shutter speed used when I take a picture. I have writen to Leica service explaining this problem and they told me that they will fix it.

As for the general speed of AF and start of the camera, the new firmware represents a great improve

Unfortunately, aside a lot of welcomed improvements, there is a new bug in this release: aperture value discrepancy.

Here is the way to reproduce it:

- set your camera in A mode

- set an aperture value (say 5.6)

- half-press the shutter release and the on-screen preset aperture setting will change to 1/3 stop wider (5.0) - not supposed to change, this is aperture priority mode, isn't it ?

- take the picture and switch to review mode: the aperture value shown on screen will be one more stop wider (4.5)

After transferring the picture to a computer and checking the EXIF data, the recorded aperture is 5.0.

By the way, the discrepancy between in-camera review and EXIF data is the same in all modes.

I have gotten in touch with my Leica Store and they were able to reproduce this at will.

Jean-Pierre

Have the same problem. Has your Leica Store come back to you with a solution?

Mike

No; 2

There's truly something out of wack here... Wetzlar claims that firmware 1.4 if fine... Many users disagree. 

====

What do you say:

1) I've installed 1.4 and it works well

2) I've installed 1.4 and regret doing so

3) I'm holding off until I'm convinced that the firmware (be it 1.4 or 1.5) is solid.

What do you say:

1) I've installed 1.4 and it works well

2) I've installed 1.4 and regret doing so

3) I'm holding off until I'm convinced that the firmware (be it 1.4 or 1.5) is solid.

Insufficient options so no intention of selecting any of them … If you wish to start a poll please consider the options more carefully … because as documented they are too dogmatic.

dunk

Edited by dkCambridgeshire

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I reported this issue by e-mail to the French support. They didn't even acknowledged my e-mail.

Talk about customer care...

Jean-Pierre

Hi JPPI,

I have contacted Leica Germany and have received the following response;

'the problem with the aperture is known to us.

we are working hard on a solution ,

an improved firmware update is provided as soon as possible.

Yourself can not change this problem.

I ask for your understanding.'

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / kind regards

XY 

Leica Camera AG

Customer Care

Edited by LUF Admin
Full name of Leica employee removed
  • Like 1

Sorry for my question but I have not well understood if this aperture problem only affect the EXIF data and the displayed data or it really changes the aperture in the camera with the result of a wrong exposure?

Thanks for answer, robert

Going on what the camera's telling you, it's changing the aperture.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, aside a lot of welcomed improvements, there is a new bug in this release: aperture value discrepancy.

- half-press the shutter release and the on-screen preset aperture setting will change to 1/3 stop wider (5.0) - not supposed to change, this is aperture priority mode, isn't it ?

- take the picture and switch to review mode: the aperture value shown on screen will be one more stop wider (4.5)

After transferring the picture to a computer and checking the EXIF data, the recorded aperture is 5.0.

By the way, the discrepancy between in-camera review and EXIF data is the same in all modes.

I have gotten in touch with my Leica Store and they were able to reproduce this at will.

Jean-Pierre

Just installed the new version 1.4.3

This bug is solved!

• Like 4

Anyone else having difficulty locating / downloading zip 1.43?

When I download I get the .tuf extender, but no .zip.

I get this error message when I click on the .tuf :

There is no application set to open the document “T701_V14-2.tuf”.

===

What am I doing wrong?

JPP1 schrieb am 31 Okt 2015 - 15:48:

snapback.png

Unfortunately, aside a lot of welcomed improvements, there is a new bug in this release: aperture value discrepancy.

Jean-Pierre

I am a bit late coming in:

I can not confirm this, I can not reproduce your findings.

FW 1.4 after I had it on 1.3.

I must say this FW 1.4 made my T a whole new camera, fantastical now.

Guest Leicanew

Anybody having trouble panning zoomed images occationally? Also, I somehow got a padlock making right dialing impossible. Had to do a full reset of camera in order to use it again. Had a quick look in the manual but couldnt find anything about a padlock. 

No problem with panning once you get used to the screen.

A padlock is shown when you lock any of the dial controlled functions (e.g. EV, ISO, Program, etc.).

To unlock, just rotate one of the dials to show the functions on the top right hand side of the screen and press/hold the locked function until unlocked (an open padlock will be shown - press/hold if you want to lock any dial controlled function again).

If that doesn't work, just send an email to Leica's customer care or your local Leica retailer. I had some queries with the camera's behaviour in the past and both were very helpful.

Edited by Leicanew
  • Like 1