New firmware 1.4 available

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Performance Improvements:
Start Up Time: the startup time of the camera is - compared to earlier firmware versions -
significantly shortened (<0,75s)
AF speed: 1.4 features almost 100% improvement in AF response speed compared to earlier
firmware (*metering method CIPA Standard: now 460ms compared to 860ms with earlier firmware
versions)
Gesture operation: the responsiveness and reaction time is overall improved, particularly the play
mode scroll and tap gestures are considerably more smooth and reactive
Compatibility to new TL lenses and SL lenses:
Attention: Without the new firmware 1.4 the SL lenses are not supported at all on the Leica T

Bug Fixes:
Audio/video sync
DNG + Jpeg in App remote modus
AF in APP remote modus
Malfunction of dials

• Like 10

Oh happy day!!

Looks like Christmas came early to us T owners.

I just downloaded and installed the 1.4 firmware.

Camera start up is much improved as is touch screen responsiveness.

Auto focus seems faster in most circumstances - although my observations are not scientifically tested...

It's a beautiful day here in NY.  I am going to go out and test drive firmware v 1.4.

Now we are ready for the TL lenses.    I can't wait for that 35/1.4/Summilux and 60/Macro.  I'd better start saving...

Thanks for the heads-up US000678!

Cheers!

Thank you now updating. However it has lost my profiles! Also I have redo my Home screen because that has been set to default.

Is this how firmware updates get done?

Edited by Guest

I was wondering how the camera would know to control SL lens! doh with the firmware, can't wait to try it this weekend, although I didn't have focus problems, maybe I didn't know I had!

The gesture was sometimes funny though when browsing images, so that's the feature that I'm looking forward to try

Edited by theazimuth
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My update was in progress for what seemed like an eternity …. rather than the 90 seconds hinted at. Then had to reset date/time. However, focus speed is noticeably improved - even in subdued light. 

I have just one T lens i.e. the 23mm which was attached during the update … and the lens firmware was also updated. 

dunk

• Like 1

Thank you now updating. However it has lost my profiles! Also I have redo my Home screen because that has been set to default.

Is this how firmware updates get done?

I have had my T in the shop a few times so every time it comes back I have had to redo the Home Screen.  I came up with a way to help myself out with this issue.  I take a picture of how I have the icons arranged with my phone and it helps resetting up the camera with this aging brain of mine.  

• Like 1

I have had my T in the shop a few times so every time it comes back I have had to redo the Home Screen.  I came up with a way to help myself out with this issue.  I take a picture of how I have the icons arranged with my phone and it helps resetting up the camera with this aging brain of mine.  

Now why did I not think of that!!!!!! Sometimes the obvious stares one in the face and yet....... cannot see it. Thank you very much!

Me too, but with completely manual focus, is there any real difference?

Start-up seems faster but that could just be me thinking it is.

As an aside, mine was V1.410. Same as everyone else?

Nice to see updates arriving too though, very happy, feels like we have not been forgotten.

Gary

Yes 1.410 both lenses also updated, start-up time much faster. AF also faster.

One thing I don't like is having to redo the Home screen with all my settings, resetting date etc, just for a firmware update.

When you are in drive mode and MF you don't seem to be penalized with autoreview the way that you used to be with older versions. 

Program shift still doesn't seem to work.

The 2s timer still isn't sticky.

Not being able to save and restore profiles from the SD card really does suck. I've added this to my feature request list. ;-)

Anybody find any new bugs or have any pet features they would like to see? I'm going to be going through and updating my list.

Start-up speed may have been improved, but not that noticeable. Shutter lag seems to be much better; this will improve things for me on the street. Yay!

The ability to control magnified cropping during chimping is a big improvement. Mine used to jump upward uncontrollably. I suspect the screen finger control sensitivity is improved.

Hi,

This is my very first post as I just purchased my Leica T with 23mm lens a few weeks ago.

I updated to the new firmware today but have run into a "bug" I believe that I am asking other forum members for help.

I have the rear view screen set up with the "info" button on the second (white dot) setting which allows the info along the top of the screen for (f stop, shutter speed, iso, ev, etc....)

My problem is with the "auto iso". Before the update when I would half press the shutter the "auto iso" would change to the ACTUAL iso number that the metering system had chosen.

Now, after the update when I half press the shutter the "auto iso" then goes blank so there is no reading of the actual iso being used.

I consider the iso reading extremely important to know so this is very dissapointing.

I am wondering if any one else can test their Leica T who have done the update can check if this happenss on their camera.

I also am not 100% sure that I am not doing something incorrectly.

Any advise would be most welcome! Thanks, Bruce