Fall Colors in a Park - 5 pictures

Iduna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

These are very tranquil mild october days here. The sun, if it comes out is already very low. It then spreads a warm golden light. Wen I go to work I cross a little park and took my X1 to get the last glowing colors before they will be torn be one of those storms later on.

X1

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

in the morning in a slightly humid air

• Like 1

The park belongs to our main hospital, has a pond, and a few very nice maple trees near a pond.

X1

in the morning light

• Like 1

This is the evening light, almost dusk at 5 p.m. I did this with ISO 1600. It is still amazing what IQ this little camera has. If you know how to tweak it it can do anything and even cover high contrasts.

X1

• Like 1

This light came from a street light. when I came along it switched on by itself and I was shocked by its glare. But what I mentioned before the X1 is very versatile. Apart from shutterspeed and unavoidable blurr when handheld the high ISO did not produce any noise.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Freshly fallen leaves are providing such a beautiful atmosphere that I could not resist try this high ISO handheld shot. Tomorrow I'll carry at least a Gorilla Pod.

X1

Louis,

I admit it is a very common title.

Yes, what you mentioned about the brightness is right. They do not look like evening shots. That is what I wanted to bring out but the brightness can be reduced very easily with the tonevalue slider. Good to have a helpful feedback. Thanks.

Hunebed,

thanks a lot for the hint, I'll go back to pp and reduce brightness and perhaps contrast a little bit.

Stuart,

thank you so much for sharing the walk.

Rodrigue,

thank you. Yes, I take it more often again nowadays. It is amazing what you can churn out of it. My camera has many traces of usage, funcions very well, I would not even think of selling it.

Mark,

thank you. Oh, I am jealous too of your great vast landscape with a wide sky, strange features. The "grass is always green at the other side of the fence"... That is why we meet of  this forum  :)

• Like 2

Iduna,

Such lovely trees (and photos!)....like Mark I too am a little envious of the masses of beautiful deciduous trees to be found in other countries.

Long ago I had the pleasure of driving up through New England, in the USA, in the fall and I have never forgotten what a marvel those trees were.

We have nothing like that in Australia, though there are a few places where one can go (with a camera) to see autumn colours, the Blue Mountains

west of Sydney is one place and Myrtleford in the Victorian high country is another. But very few of us can just walk out our front door and see what

you are seeing.  

Iduna,

Such lovely trees (and photos!)....like Mark I too am a little envious of the masses of beautiful deciduous trees to be found in other countries.

Long ago I had the pleasure of driving up through New England, in the USA, in the fall and I have never forgotten what a marvel those trees were.

We have nothing like that in Australia, though there are a few places where one can go (with a camera) to see autumn colours, the Blue Mountains

west of Sydney is one place and Myrtleford in the Victorian high country is another. But very few of us can just walk out our front door and see what

you are seeing.  

Yes, the Blue Mountains and (of course) Canberra.

Edited by MarkP
  • Like 1

Dave,

thanks for your support!

Dee,

thank you so much for your response and interesting information. The aspect of just walking out of your front door and find somethng to shoot is a very important aspect. This is what we should consider when complaining that we do not have wide open and wild landscapes....

Mark,

I am glad you enjoy our little autumn paradise here. Thanks!

• Like 3