Which bag for the SL

IkarusJohn

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I use the Billingham Hadley Large Pro. 

It fits my MacBook Pro 15in, the large 90-280 APO zoom (vertically) and all my M lenses, and the SL. 

Has two front pockets for lots of accessories (filters, binoculars, etc.)

I really like it.

https://www.billingham.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/96/category/4/

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

End of "too heavy bag" discussion:-

https://loomo.com/ 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

I'm using a billingham packington for classier events.

A custom vest for heavy downpours and events that need running about.

I've two custom molle attachment bags I can set on left and right of my vest or I can attach them to shoulder yoke for a hot humid outdoors.

Either way, I'm carrying a SL with 12mm VL, 11-23mm TL, 35mm ZM f1.4, 55-135 TL and the 24-90mm with 2 flashes at the moment.

For commercial, corporate and other suitable photography workflows. I use a pair of courierware messenger bag for cameras and lenses which will slip into stackable ABS plastics case system trolley together with my strobes.

Other than the packington, the rest do look pretty ugly. Makes the SL look good by comparison. 

Edited by lx1713

• 5 weeks later...

The 20 fits an SL with RRS L-plate attached and Leica M-lenses up to the size of a 135mm f/4 Elmar. And yes it is very well made.

Think I am going to order a ThinkTank digital holster 20.  Looks like it might be just a tad tight lengthwise but I will see.  Looks v well made.

https://www.thinktankphoto.com/collections/digital-holsters/products/digital-holster-20-v2

Meerec,

does SL 90-280 with SL body attached fit vertically in the Biliingham Hadley Large Pro?

Is there room for a 2 cm shade? (I use this so I don't need to use the cap and still not scratch the lens)

The SL+90-280+2 cm shade make a total 32 cm length (tech specs say 3 cm vertical space).

I have the Billingham Hadley One with the optional full size insert. I carry all three of the Leica SL zoom lenses in it, with the 24-90 mounted on the camera body.  The B. Hadley One has a handle on the top and the bag is made absolutely beautifully.  For straps, Peak Design makes a couple of great straps, I think called the Slide and the Slide Lite. Both easily adjustable with  quick release latches and comfortable to use with a clever and solid quick release system.  Mark W.

I have the Billingham Hadley One with the optional full size insert. I carry all three of the Leica SL zoom lenses in it, with the 24-90 mounted on the camera body.  The B. Hadley One has a handle on the top and the bag is made absolutely beautifully.  For straps, Peak Design makes a couple of great straps, I think called the Slide and the Slide Lite. Both easily adjustable with  quick release latches and comfortable to use with a clever and solid quick release system.  Mark W.

Nice bag for that set.  But roughly 14 lbs, without any additional items, seems a lot for extended shoulder carry (or cross body?).  Do you typically carry all together for shooting, or more for long transport? 

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Billingham Hadley Large Pro. 

It fits my MacBook Pro 15in, the large 90-280 APO zoom (vertically) and all my M lenses, and the SL. 

Has two front pockets for lots of accessories (filters, binoculars, etc.)

I really like it.

https://www.billingham.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/96/category/4/

Thanks, I've been looking at the Large Pro. I'm hoping it will fit the 24-90 and 50L along with the 90-280?  

Now that more and more lenses are available for the SL it might be the time to revisit the bag question ;) . I am very happy with "the backpack" from German manufacturer compagnon which holds SL, 24-90, 90-280, 16-35, 90, flash and my Q as well as Macbook pro. Of course a heavy load, but when traveling the backpack design is comfortable enough to keep going for some time, definitely more comfortable than carrying this load in a shoulder bag - and since I prefer to travel with hand luggage a rolling camera bag does not work for me as I need the rolling bag for regular luggage.

Regards, Holger

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Thanks, I've been looking at the Large Pro. I'm hoping it will fit the 24-90 and 50L along with the 90-280?

See Mark W ‘s post just above regarding the Hadley One. He fits SL and all 3 zooms, etc, and I believe that bag is sized between the Pro and Large Pro. There are many helpful online video reviews.

Jeff

I have for sale a brand-new Billingham 307 in Black FyberNyte fabric. I bought it and realized that I was able to make do with what I already have.

Check out this review, where the reviewer uses this bag for his SL system:

http://findingrange.com/2018/03/22/billingham-307-bag-review-when-smaller-just-wont-do/

I paid $496.00 a months ago and the bag is 100% mint, Asking: $396.00 shipped within the USA

*More photos available upon request**