Met the SL at Photoexpo in NYC

sblitz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Let me start by saying that I have no intention of buying the camera -- it doesn't serve my purpose and it is too expensive (for me) to be a why not let's have some fun with it kind of purchase. Having seen the photos I was inclined to think this is a behemoth.

Having held it and played with it at the PhotoExpo all I can say is WOW! The body is not that large, and nowhere near as large as the big Canon/Nikons. The styling in person is more sleek than it appears in the photos. The handling is very intuitive, ergonomic, and really wary to hold. The weight heft comes from the zoom that is the current one available. It is lighter than the S with and without the lens and without the lens not much heavier than my M-A or an M240. Below are a couple of photos. The gentlemen is trying it out with the 35mm summilux. Truthfully the SL is a lot sleeker/sharper/smaller than it appears to me in the photos. Like I said, I have no use for it -- but for those wanting a Leica experience instead of Canon/Nikon for this kind of TTL digital camera it seems well worth it from a physical standpoint. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4