No more LR License for the SL?

satijntje

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When looking at the delivery package for the SL, I do not see anymore a Lightroom License!

John

Scope of delivery Camera body, Camera strap, Lens mount cap, Battery, Battery Charger with international adapter, USB 3.0-cable,

Manual, Warranty Card, Leica Lens cleaning tissue

Software Remote Control (USB): Leica Image Shuttle SL; Remote Control (Wi-Fi): Leica SL app (Android/iOS)

The way Adobe now behaves, omitting critical new functions (de-haze) in the standalone version, and making it virtually impossible to upgrade (standalone version impossible to find, you are forced into CC), it would be better to have 1 year free CC with a Leica purchase,  and give up the standalone version.

• 2 weeks later...

Does LR currently support the SL? I have just given Phase One a nudge on SL support.

I wish Phase One would introduce a de-haze tool like ACR and LR (CC-2015) now has . It works brilliantly. During the summer, when I had rented a cottage on the Outer Banks North Carolina, I was coming out of a heavily air conditioned house (the control was locked off so we could not turn the temperature up - penguins would have been happy) into 80-90% humidity and 40ºC temperatures. Cameras fogged up instantly and I had a number of photos taken through fogged lenses. The de-haze recovered the images amazingly well. Otherwise it used to be a multi-step process in PS for a less satisfactory result. 

Wilson

The way Adobe now behaves, omitting critical new functions (de-haze) in the standalone version, and making it virtually impossible to upgrade (standalone version impossible to find, you are forced into CC), it would be better to have 1 year free CC with a Leica purchase,  and give up the standalone version.

Puzzled - I do have CC, but my older version of PS6 indicated an upgrade automatically last week.

Theres a TAN number on the manual and LR is definitely bundled

The DNG files are 43.1mb and suspiciously identical to the Q ones .... I would not be at all surprised if LR processing of Q and SL files is identical ..... the sensor might be a slightly modified model but I bet the read-out side, electronics and firmware are common....

The DNG files are 43.1mb and suspiciously identical to the Q ones .... I would not be at all surprised if LR processing of Q and SL files is identical ..... the sensor might be a slightly modified model but I bet the read-out side, electronics and firmware are common....

Sounds like the SL is the interchangeable lens Q (that everyone seems to want) after all. :D

• Like 1

The DNG files are 43.1mb and suspiciously identical to the Q ones .... I would not be at all surprised if LR processing of Q and SL files is identical ..... 

Sandy McG read out the parameters contained in some of the sample SL files -- the instructions that LR uses to render the image -- and they are identical to the information that you would find in a Q file.  Some of the stuff describing the SL's Vario-Elmar lens is different from the stuff that would provide corrections for the Q's Elmarit, but the handling of the image is apparently identical.

scott