Anyone wanna buy a kidney?

dkCambridgeshire

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm so thankful I kept my R lenses. Now have to find a way of funding an SL … could do it if I sold my 280/4 and 28-90 R lenses … but now need them more than ever :).  Somehow will find a way … and look forward one day to using the SL with my 800mm f6.3 Telyt S.

Congratulations to Leica Camera AG for exceeding expectations.

Porridge and sardines for me over next 12 months … and thank God for Aldi !!

dunk 

• Like 4

I'm so thankful I kept my R lenses. Now have to find a way of funding an SL … could do it if I sold my 280/4 and 28-90 R lenses … but now need them more than ever :).  Somehow will find a way … and look forward one day to using the SL with my 800mm f6.3 Telyt S.

Congratulations to Leica Camera AG for exceeding expectations.

Porridge and sardines for me over next 12 months … and thank God for Aldi !!

dunk 

It is a great new system. But unless you have been eating beluga for most meals, porridge and sardines are not going to make a difference  :) 

I also think the kidney market will be saturated quite soon. I like a good drink once in while, so I am happy to stick with my M, which at this point looks like a great bargain camera.

• Like 1

My only R-lens is the 280/4 APO, bought a few months after my M240 arrived.

Could someone please present the argument of why the SL is a better 'R-solution' than the M240?

(Meant as a genuine question - not a rhetorical one...). 

Could someone please present the argument of why the SL is a better 'R-solution' than the M240?

Better EVF and focus confirmation options I guess. The SL seems to be more of a mirrorless R body (albeit one with stop-down metering) than is the M with its bolt-on EVF, etc.

(Meant as a genuine question - not a rhetorical one...). 

EVF is better by far, no doubt, and high ISO probably makes it possible to use high shutter speeds in more situations - less risk of motion blur ; I haven't yet well understood if the movable focus point through joystick is fully enjoyable also on classic MF lenses... I think yes, but think also that you can use it, practically and with a 280, in rather static takings, where, with less ease, also the current M EVF can be manageable.

All in all, and with a single R lens... I'd wait for infos on the new M...

Edited by luigi bertolotti

• 5 years later...
On 10/21/2015 at 11:08 AM, Adam said:

It is a great new system. But unless you have been eating beluga for most meals, porridge and sardines are not going to make a difference 

I also think the kidney market will be saturated quite soon. I like a good drink once in while, so I am happy to stick with my M, which at this point looks like a great bargain camera.

porridge, sardines and baked beans are all actually very healthy foods. Definitely worth it for a Leica SL. definitely keep those lenses you have.