Leica SF-40 Flash Unit

mirekti

Since i had a hard time finding pictures of this flash, other than the straight from the front product pictures, i'll post some pictures of the flash alone, and on the Q so people can get a better impression of how it looks, and how big it is :)

I'm very happy with it so far, nice size and weight, seems absolutely capable and powerful enough for most scenarios when i have the Q with me.

5D3_1954.jpg

5D3_1955.jpg

5D3_1966.jpg

5D3_1967.jpg

• Like 8

If the SF 40 is a rebadged Nissin i40, is there one of Nissin's own models that is suitable for use on an M240?

I have the Nissin i40 in the version for Olympus/Panasonic which also works with the Panasonic Leicas - I use it with my D-Lux 109 as well as with my Olympus gear. It is not compatible with the Leica M, X and T models as they use the Leica flash system. Unfortunately Nissin do not supply a model for the Leica M which is a pity as they cost about twice as much in the rebadged Leica M version.

Edited by ayewing
  • Like 1

Wait, does this mean it can sync at fast shutter speeds (beyond the usual 1/125, or whatever)?  Sorry for the newbie question, I'm not familiar with 'HSS'.

up  to 1/8000s  !

I shall never buy a Flash again without it

Edited by erick
  • Like 1