Leica SL (Typ 601) - Mirrorless System Camera Without Compromise

LUF Admin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I use dedicated macro lenses and simple achromat add-ons as well. They return different results, and sometimes one is better than the other for a specific purpose. For overall versatility, the Leica Focusing Bellows R with its dedicated Macro-Elmar-R 100mm f/4 lens is a wonderful setup. The Summicron-R 50mm does an excellent job of it on this bellows for up to 2.7:1 magnification, without reversal, and the Elmar-R 180/4 produces lovely results as well. I don't have an achromat cu lens large enough for the zoom.

• Like 2

Read the following sentence about the new Sony FE 85mn f/1.2 GM on :

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2016/04/sony-fe-85mm-f1-4-gmaster-emergency-tear-down/

"And let’s be honest, guys (because us early-adopters are 99% guys). When we preorder something that’s never been seen before, we’re signing on for this kind of stuff. The logical people don’t buy anything until it’s been out a few months. But where’s the fun in that?"

It could apply to many of the Leica new offerings over the years.

;-)

..."And let’s be honest, guys (because us early-adopters are 99% guys). When we preorder something that’s never been seen before, we’re signing on for this kind of stuff. The logical people don’t buy anything until it’s been out a few months. But where’s the fun in that?"

:D  It applies to ANY new product, from ANYONE.  :D

But I have to say: Compared to the teardown he did of the Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm lens, there is a whole heck of a lot of plastic in that Sony lens. 

Edited by ramarren