there is a war going on

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Seems that there is a war going on between the Sony camp and the Leica camp.

The Sony camp is really upset and worried about the "Q" shadowing the RXII.

I just got banned over on Dpreview for posting my innocent findings about the "Q" in the Sony Full frame forum.

( I shoot A7Rs and M8 professionally depending on the job ).

The post got immediately attacked and the whole thread has been taken off now.

It was very interesting to see how Sony has it's forum agents positioned around the world 

keeping their firing constant throughout the 24h cycle day - which was clearly visible when looking at the posting dates. Starting in the US, then Japan, Australia, Hungary, Britain, The Netherlands ( from what I could make out without IP addresses.).

At the end I was banned by a Dutch moderator as to limit Sony's losses and prevent the thread to enter another round on the US market ground.

This does not surprise me as Sony has been paying into the FF game for some time.

Also nice to see the Japanese once again - ready for the kill in true Bushido fashion. 

• Like 2

In Germany we say: When the yelling starts all argument is lost. It's not the first time this happens over at DP... I went through this with Sigma. Especially after Amazon bought them out the company trolls came over the hills in hordes. 

Edited by Mark Ebert
  • Like 1

Mark... You may be familiar with  the following...

What is the origin of the phrase "never argue with idiots" ?

1. Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. —Greg King
  2. Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain
  3. Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. —Proverbs 26:4 (King James version)

given the number of contributors on the other forums who have never handled a Leica or understand the technical progress or history of the brand, it isn't surprising to find a load of nonsense in their posts.   But they are experienced in fighting their corner without rationality. 

Edited by lucerne
  • Like 2

I read getDPI and I see what you are saying. However, there are some experienced Leica users who have sold their gear and bought into Sony. Most of these make valid points, but many others do not.

I get the same thing (not being banned) when discussing MF and I extoll the virtues of the 645Z over the Phase and Hasselblad having the same sensor.  The one problem is that many vendors post on that site which only becomes advertsing for their products. I have had terse PM's sent to me about my MF posts by these vendors. However, I just reply that I am repeating what Michael Reichmann posted on Lula about his review of the 645Z. No reply to that comment which is MR's fact versus some sales hype for a cameras selling at 3-4x the 645z with less efficient use of the same Sony sensor.

Stick to facts and skip the emotion when at all possible.

• Like 3

In the old days you took your ideas to the dealer, then the authorized repair services, then the company reps and the respective headquarters.

After the democratization of the markets through the internet the headquarters learned quickly that it's to their benefit to catch things at the base and before they get out.

I see some strong parallels with my countries history > first people were given their right to vote > quickly the voter's targets diversified to the point of no return > then the big players started their propaganda and polarized a whole country into blind radicals.

Edited by Mark Ebert