Sign in to follow this  
SPB2

WiFi on the T

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well I am a new owner, lovely camera and lenses, just loving the colour renditions and ease of setup and handling, a revelation almost a revolution in ease of use and control.

The one fly in the ointment is the WiFi, and the useless T-App (without the WiFi connection, the application will not work) - yes I can use the USB cable or remove the SD card to move the images to my Mac. However with WiFi, It refuses to connect to my iPhone. It refuses to connect to my Mac. It refuses to connect with my Mobile Hotspot. The whole camera freezes with a bottom half of the screen purple. The only way to unlock the camera and take pictures or move them, is to remove the battery, I would rather not have the WiFi option and shall ignore completely this option, so a little disappointed at this, but I have the two other options, USB and SD removal. This should not happen on any expensive camera.

Having said that all is not lost because I never successfully connected a Sony A7RII to WiFi either!

So if I was Mr Leica, I would either fix the T-App or quietly drop it.

This does not sound like the normal behaviour of that camera. Have it checked by your seller.

I have mentioned it to the Leica shop. To be honest I am not a great fan of WiFi, but also it is extremely useful at times when one does not have a SD reader handy or the cable. These are the only times really when I would use WiFi, so not very often.

More important as a new feature in an upcoming firmware update for me would be the ability to add my copyright information writing in the camera. That's one thing the Sony A7 beats the Taifun on. 

Hello, I still have the version of 1.41 and wifi connection to app was working perfectly. Today I could not get the camera to connect to my wifi network. Has anyone had the same issue?

As I mentioned in the other forum, I am having problems even with the latest app. 99% of the time, my iPhone doesn't find the camera! 1% of the time, when the two are connected, the iPhone LCD is black, I don't see anything (for shooting)!

In other words, so far for me, the T WiFi and the app are garbage!...  109 made by Panasonic worked perfectly well from the first try! ... Maybe the re-branded cameras are not that bad after all!