Light reflex on EVF screen even if camera is off?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello there,

just got my brand new Leica Q a few days ago. Really beautiful camera, however, has anyone noticed a strange "white band reflex" on the EVF outer screen even if the camera is off? Basically, if you hold the camera in vertical position (mostly with the shutter button below), I can see a "white band reflex" on the screen if I have a light source to my right side or behind me. Did you noticed the same? It is quite annoying and it is not an electronic effect since I can see it even when the camera is off. I would say it is a light reflex on the EVF outer screen. Nothing apperas if the camera is in the horizontal position.

Thanks for posting your experience.

Yes, I can see it faintly even when the camera is switched off.  Never noticed it when using the camera.  Doesn't have any impact on images and probably just an internal reflection within the EVF assembly.  

Go shoot pictures!

Edited by lucerne
  • Like 1

Yes, I can see it faintly even when the camera is switched off.  Never noticed it when using the camera.  Doesn't have any impact on images and probably just an internal reflection within the EVF assembly.  

Go shoot pictures!

I agree no impact on the final image, however it is a pretty annoying effect when shooting in vertical mode. The light shines on the external EVF creates a sort of white light band. Again, this is obvious when shooting in vertican mode. Not in horizonal mode.

Is it illuminated i.e. Can you see the white line if it's dark and the camera is off?

No, it is not illuminated. I can see the "white narrow band" only if there is a strong light source behind me shining on the EVF glass and the camera is in vertical position. For instance, this is not noticeble if you are in a dark place or the camera is in horizontal position. You can see if you shoot or stay outdoors on a high illumated area. Slighly lesser effect if the camera is off. Did you notice anything like this? Can you test it please? Remember to hold the camera in vertical position and in a high illuminated context, possibly with the light source behind or at the right hand side. thanks