Sign in to follow this  
bcorton

'Anyone else's T freeze . . .

. . . when using non-T lenses AND long exposures?

When I make star photos with the T and T lenses, I have no problem.  However, with the T to M adapter and M lenses (coded or not), the T freezes intermittently.  The screen freezes (won't respond), and the camera will not turn off unless I disconnect the battery.  Sometimes the camera will shoot several exposures before the problem occurs; sometimes shooting just one locks things up.  This has occurred with exposures from 20 seconds to 1/2 second.

Using M lenses and short exposures has never caused a problem.

Is this a known problem, or is my T just special?

Brent

Edited by bcorton

Hi Brent,

not really tried the T that much for longer exposures, mainly as I threw my toys outta the pram with being imited to 30 seconds.

Come on Leica, my old Fuji will do as long as I can be interested, why limit the T to 30 seconds? I'd use it more if it was able to have a "B" setting.

But the few trials I did, at 30 seconds, with non T lenses (I don't have a T lens) were fine, no lockups etc.

Maybe you do have a special T?

Gary

I've had that problem also. With M lenses & EVF attached.  The EVF and camera intermittently freeze up from time to time - requiring a battery reset.

Do you use the EVF?  

Since new I have this problem. Leica in Singapore already look into this situation before, improved with the last firmware but the camera is back with the technicians since last Wednesday because it got back to freeze continuously . I have the problem also with the T lenses, with EVF or not. Also the GPS not working properly on my last 2 trips (Vietnam and Istanbul and not working neither here in Singapore). I also left the EVF because i did notice the problem worsen when the piece is attached to the camera so they may check it. I have try the camera in different weather and is nothing to do with it. I wish Leica can approach soon this situation most faster. I use the camera a lot (already above 10K photos).

I use the camera a lot (already above 10K photos.

How long have you had the camera?

That is quite a monthly rate of shooting!

I know, but traveling with that camera for the last 9 months is very nice. Lucky enough I have the 4 lenses and the 11-23 is incredible. I really want to abuse that camera and squeeze all before to decide invest in a second T body. However the little details is where is stopping me to decide to get that second body. The freeze was getting me crazy 3 weeks ago in Istanbul, I miss so many opportunities. The other part is the app to remotely take pictures. Already report it to Leica, and so far still the same problem, The app override the setting in the camera and doesn't record the RAW in the card or internal memory. So I end with only JPG in the camera/card.

I sincerely hope not to have so many issues with my new T. and that your issues are sorted sooner or later.

The T, as much as I love it, is temperamental.  I forgive it and Leica.  The first T that I received was full of problems, freezing like crazy, and had to exchange it and I was so glad I did as the one I have now seems to be fine.  Still though get the occasional freeze which am pretty sure is a firmware bug, but happens rarely.  Heck, happened just yesterday on my m240!  Hopefully next firmware update that will be fixed on the T.  I just think Leica has so many new cameras now, having a hard time keeping up.  I just wish they would do more testing before releasing.  Is so frustrating to get a new camera who's firmware is half baked. Come on Leica!  Hire more testers!

Edited by billinghambaglady