Post Processing with T images

can-photo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone, 

I know there is forum dedicated for that, but I am more interested on T user's opinions. I am happy to move/delete if necessary.

When I am using my X1, I generally colour correct the DNGs and crop where necessary before storing or printing and maybe some spot reduction. 

Now with T, I really like the generated JPG and it is also a lot better than my own processing (something to improve probably), and the it produces clearer images, so other than cropping I found myself not doing any post processing.I just wondered if this is common for others, or am I just too optimistic?

What else do you do for post processing before printing or storing, do you have a preset that you use in lightroom or other applications? 

Thank you

Same. I find it difficult to process the DNG in a way that compares with the generated JPEG, especially color-wise. Sometimes I'll adjust white balance but that's about it.

I wish I could in post-processing just choose the Standard/Vivid/Natural color presets that that camera applies, but I'm not good enough to come close adjusting colors/balance myself with Lightroom, Aperture, or Photos! So I usually end up just using the JPEG because it looks so good.

I'm new to post processing and still learning myself.  There seems to be a lot of Adobe Lightroom presets available online for download (some free, some paid).  Haven't found any color ones that I like (though I have only really considered free ones so far) but there are some interesting black and white ones that supposedly mimic film equivalents (e.g. Ilford HP5, Kodak Tri-X, etc).

Edited by dbchun
  • Like 1

I shouldn't give away my secrets, but there are some great tutorials on youtube.  Really learned a lot there.  There is a sequence to go thru which really makes a difference.  I particularly like the tutorials by Serge Ramelli.  And I also find the JPEGs to be extremely good out of the camera as well that I often can not reproduce.

• Like 1