46 year old Tele Elmar f4 135mm

David Campbell

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The baseplate of the M9 could be the problem, because I am using a tripod.

This picture is as good as it could get at infinity. 2. picture is a detail from lower left corner.

I'm a bit baffled by this, how does a camera baseplate affect focus? It may affect stability, but even the M9 baseplate is good enough to hold a 135mm lens without wobbling about. If on the other hand mean your images when looking at the results at infinity aren't entirely sharp, then you can usually blame atmospheric haze and distortion.

Steve

I'm a bit baffled by this, how does a camera baseplate affect focus? It may affect stability, but even the M9 baseplate is good enough to hold a 135mm lens without wobbling about. If on the other hand mean your images when looking at the results at infinity aren't entirely sharp, then you can usually blame atmospheric haze and distortion.

Steve

The baseplate is "wobbling about". I need more test shots, because I can not get consistent results.

• 7 years later...

I am interested in purchasing the 135 f/4 Tele-Elmar-m...I am unable to find photos that would let me know how to tell the difference between the multiple versions of this lens. Anybody out there have a link or can fill me in as to how to tell the difference..I was hoping to find the latest version for sale...

thanks BEST David Hoptman

The latest version of Tele-Elmar 135/4 is easy to recognize as it is the only one with a built-in hood. Code number 11861.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!