Cases for the Q

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Luigi case has a very nice fit, very snug.  However it is a little close to the joystick button on the right, so a little harder to access.  However it really protects the buttons from being pushed when around your neck.  I also think it would provide a fair amount of protection against some minor bumps when around your neck.  I would definitely get the battery access flap, or it may get annoying taking it out every time to change batteries.  

When I got my Q I saw no need for a beautiful expensive leather case or half case that fit over the camera. Although I certainly admired them and sort of wanted one!

Here's what I do after owning the Q for a couple of months: Either I carry the bare camera itself when I'm using it, or else I want to safely stow it in a case that offers protection against bumps, dust, moisture (to a reasonable extent). I lead an active lifestyle - I wanted something that would be good to carry on hikes and on my bike for cycling tours. I contacted Lowe Pro and got the smallest one of the bags that would fit it nicely. It is

http://store.lowepro.com/adventura-tlz-20-ii

This has worked out great. It is neoprene padded and just fits the camera nicely with hood attached. Spare battery and SD card fits in their too in their own little compartments. This is about as small a case as you could get that would do all this and it even fits into my fanny pack. Very inexpensive, protective, and doesn't appear from the outside that I'm toting around a $4500 thing. So I'm very happy with this simple, convenient, inexpensive solution and I recommend it. Hope this helps others with similar needs!

When I got my Q I saw no need for a beautiful expensive leather case or half case that fit over the camera. Although I certainly admired them and sort of wanted one!

Here's what I do after owning the Q for a couple of months: Either I carry the bare camera itself when I'm using it, or else I want to safely stow it in a case that offers protection against bumps, dust, moisture (to a reasonable extent). I lead an active lifestyle - I wanted something that would be good to carry on hikes and on my bike for cycling tours. I contacted Lowe Pro and got the smallest one of the bags that would fit it nicely. It is

http://store.lowepro.com/adventura-tlz-20-ii

This has worked out great. It is neoprene padded and just fits the camera nicely with hood attached. Spare battery and SD card fits in their too in their own little compartments. This is about as small a case as you could get that would do all this and it even fits into my fanny pack. Very inexpensive, protective, and doesn't appear from the outside that I'm toting around a $4500 thing. So I'm very happy with this simple, convenient, inexpensive solution and I recommend it. Hope this helps others with similar needs!

One more thing - If you look at the link, it shows the camera sitting horizontally in the bag. I find that the Q fits perfectly (with hood) vertically with the the body away from the bulge where you carry the spare battery on the LHS of the case. The strap coils on top of it, and it is an easy quick job to pull the Q out of the case and use it.

Just put an Arte di Mano goat leather skin on mine...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I've always bought Luigi cases and then promptly taken the damn things off. Not this time.

Just an A & A slider strap, thumbs up for grip (love'em) and a black dot to keep this thing in line with the M9-P and M3.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Rapierwitman

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Does your Luigi case have the access port on the right side when looking at the camera from behind?

I got a half case from Leicatime and I'm quite pleased with it.  The leather feels great, nice grip (just enough), and the strap is very comfortable around my neck.  Also for a little extra I had him put a flap on the bottom for battery access.  I would definitely recommend it. 

IMG_0705.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG

Edited by losta

No it doesn't but I didn't want it.  However it is an option if you need it.

I ordered mine without too, I figure SD cards even in RAW+JPEG I get hundreds of shots with 64GB cards even with my Sony A7RII, so the Q should be fine without and I think it looks neater. I should have it this week along with my Q!

Is that alligator?

Very good looking.

How hard is it to remove the old and apply the new skin?

Maybe you could post a link to the video you've followed, if that's the case?

Thank you!

I don't think you need to peel off the old skin, the new one goes on top of it.