Availability?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Posted 26 October 2015 - 19:50

F5top, on 26 Sept 2015 - 22:56, said:snapback.png

update 26.10.2015: 

Called up Leica Store SF to check upon my paid in full preorder status.  I'm now 9th on the list and they're estimating two more weeks as they're now getting in a healthy amount of stock.  

Two solid months waiting, hopefully just two more weeks (or less).

Update 10 November 2015: 

Finally received my copy of the Q on the 3rd of this month from the San Francisco Leica Store.  That makes it 2 months and 6 days on the preorder wait list.  

Build date is 2015/10/21

Looks like they're becoming more available in a lot of different outlets now.  

Good luck to everyone still awaiting their copies.  Patience will pay off.

You have had to pay in advance? In an official Leica Store?  Months before delivery? Unbelievable behaviour of such a highly reputated firm...  

Just an FYI, I ordered from Herrington Catalog on Thurs 10/29 and had the Q in my hands on Tues 11/3.  The day I placed the order I received a phone call to confirm the order & let me know when I could expect the camera.  On the day it shipped I received a non-automated email from someone in their sales department letting me know I should be receiving it soon.  Outstanding customer service.  I'd never heard of them before a reference in another Leica forum, and was surprised that my 3 month order with B&H still had no shipment date while they got the Q to me in less than a week.

Anyone looking for a Q check them out.  

• Like 1

I too ordered one at the SF Leica store and they charged my credit card for the full amount.  I was on the wait list for about 4 weeks when I read about Q's being available from Herrington in New Hampshire.  I ordered from Herrington and 3 days later had my Q....and saved 8% California sales tax.  I took great pleasure in cancelling my order with the SF store.  Of course, I did have to call them 2 times to insist that my card be credited back the charge.  Ultimately, after some runaround, everything got straightened out.  Left a bad taste about doing business w/that SF Leica store in the future though.

I originally had orders with Adorama and B&H and then also added my name to the Leica Store West Hollywood/LA.  That was September 3. I then found the add on Herrington about 10 days later and ordered there as well. Received the camera from Herrington on October 6.  The Leica Store advised me on November 3rd that my camera was finally available. I suppose it all depends on where you land in the cue and the number of units available.  I suspect that many of us being on waiting lists at various places, the cancelations will help others move to the top more quickly. 

Just got an email from Adorama that they were trying to ship my Q but my credit card had expired.  Ordered on July 25th, so 16 weeks total.  Glad the cc was declined because I bought one 7 weeks ago from a different retailer.  So whoever is waiting on Adorama, you just moved up one spot.

Today I got a call from my shop.   :D  :D  :D  My Q is on its way and I can pick it up probably on saturday. I ordered in July. No prepayment or anything. Finally, I am so excited after reading all that stuff here and viewing the pictures it will hopefully be my camera

Thanks for the heads up, got the last one from Wilkinson Cameras and cancelled my order with Leica Manchester. Real shame as they are a lovely bunch and I'd prefer to support them but couldn't wait any longer as off to Dubai and need the Q for that. 

You're right, David and his guys are a great bunch of people. I was told over a month I was second on their list but I'm still waiting. Spoke to Ben yesterday and he was saying they hadn't received any for a while.

Enjoy Dubai and the Q.

Cheers, Tom