Availability?

Herrington seems pretty sketchy to me (see: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Herrington_Catalog). And I'm not swayed by the comments in this thread by a few people who have very few posts on LUF. (It reminds of Trip Advisor when you find super positive comments about bad hotels, and the posters are new to the site without other posts.) Pardon my skepticism. Maybe I need a second cup of coffee.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Herrington seems pretty sketchy to me (see: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Herrington_Catalog). And I'm not swayed by the comments in this thread by a few people who have very few posts on LUF. (It reminds of Trip Advisor when you find super positive comments about bad hotels, and the posters are new to the site without other posts.) Pardon my skepticism. Maybe I need a second cup of coffee.

Several people here ordered from them without problems include me, they came along and provide a very good customer service. I wish they would extend their Leica products line not just advanced amateur, I would for sure go back to them again (I'm a long time BHphoto/Adorama customer too but in this particular item, they're way behind in stocking).

Safe thinking. I suspect the Q is bringing a lot of new people to Leica. It did for me.

The second cup of coffee sounds good  :)

I'm not one to cavalierly offer up $4250 to unknown sources simply from the lure of a quick delivery.  I have made numerous previous purchases from Herrington, some of them large purchases.  They have sold Leica products for many years and I suspect they have a good relationship with Leica.  Buyers can choose who they wish to purchase from, though it appears to me at the current count there are at least four people who purchased and received their Q from Herrington with no sketchy issues.  

It is interesting how these shipments get allocated.  The place I got mine from (Hunt's) told me they were only getting 1 a month going back to June although they thought that the quantity would start to pick up.  They also told me I was now number four on the waiting list, but if I prepaid, I could move to number one since no one else had paid.  If I did this, I would get the next one that came in.  I figured worst case is it will take a month and I made sure they wouldn't charge me a restocking fee for an item I never received if I changed my mind, so I thought it was worth a try.  I guess my timing is good because I paid on Friday and they received one on Monday and there I was at the top of the list.  It's sitting at home waiting for me to get back from the business trip I am on right now.    

I guess i don't understand why some of these dedicated camera stores that cater to enthusiasts and pros alike would get so few shipments.   If Hunt's, which is very reputable but more of a regional chain,  is getting one a month, how many is B&H getting?   I also had a pre-order at B&H but I spoke to several people who all seemed to wait at least a few months for B&H to ship.  They pre-ordered in July and the cameras are just coming in now.   I guess it is definitely worth calling around to some different places but hopefully, this problem will soon be a thing of the past and supply will catch up with demand.    

Can't believe my luck: I picked mine up yesterday from Broadway Camera in Vancouver – I called on Monday to put my name down, and got a call back Tuesday morning to say they had had one camera come in. I'll be eternally grateful to them for holding it for me until Friday. I'd recommend them for anybody in the greater Vancouver area.

Posted 26 October 2015 - 19:50

F5top, on 26 Sept 2015 - 22:56, said:snapback.png

Long time lurker first time post.  

Thought I would finally sign up and throw in my queue status to compare with everyone else.  

Preordered and paid two thirds of the total price on the Q 28th of August at the Leica Store in San Francisco.  They informed me to expect a wait time of 4-5 weeks.  Went back today (26th of September) and paid off the remaining balance.  I'm still getting quoted a 4 week waiting period and I'm more than halfway up the waiting list.  

Good news is the Leica Store sales rep said production has been ramped up and they're getting around 4 copies every shipment biweekly.

I've only had a good hour with the Q but it felt so magical it became a must have!

Hopefully I'll get a surprise notification like some of you guys did. *crossing fingers*

update 26.10.2015: 

Called up Leica Store SF to check upon my paid in full preorder status.  I'm now 9th on the list and they're estimating two more weeks as they're now getting in a healthy amount of stock.  

Two solid months waiting, hopefully just two more weeks (or less).

Update 10 November 2015: 

Finally received my copy of the Q on the 3rd of this month from the San Francisco Leica Store.  That makes it 2 months and 6 days on the preorder wait list.  

Build date is 2015/10/21

Looks like they're becoming more available in a lot of different outlets now.  

Good luck to everyone still awaiting their copies.  Patience will pay off.