Availability?

I just placed an order with Herrington, but after that I read reviews of the website, which gets me worried. Are they legit?  How come they have that many Qs while all other sellers are struggling badly? 

That has been my question as well. Most dealers cannot get one at best and this place seems to have an endless supply.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

That has been my question as well. Most dealers cannot get one at best and this place seems to have an endless supply.

Does anyone have an answer to that? I used a credit card and if things are not going alright, I will just file claims with the credit card company. But this matter is just mind-boggling..  

If Herrington is legit and does have those cameras, why on earth did Leica give them that many? 

If not legit, why is Herrington doing this? They cannot really get the money if they fake it, right? 

Does anyone have an answer to that? I used a credit card and if things are not going alright, I will just file claims with the credit card company. But this matter is just mind-boggling..  

If Herrington is legit and does have those cameras, why on earth did Leica give them that many? 

If not legit, why is Herrington doing this? They cannot really get the money if they fake it, right? 

I've purchased from Herrington for many years and recently got my Q from them.  Ordered on Saturday and had it on Tuesday.  They have carried Leica products for a long time.  Read their customer service reviews, anything you don't like you can return no questions asked for 90 days.  That should be enough time to see if everything is okay. 

Herrington has been around for many years and they are a legitimate business.  I was on their mailing list for a catalog at one time. They only carry a few Leica items but they must have some pull to get a steady flow of Q's when camera specific stores cannot.

The lady that called to verify my information said that Leica is very reliable with their deliveries. It's strange that my local Leica shop has a few months of wait but Herrington is churning through them so easily. But it looks like thats what it is. Perhaps Leica has some kind of even distribution and Herrington just doesn't get as many orders

Unless you enjoy waiting what will probably be a few months, suggest calling Herrington Catalog and you can probably have one by the end of this month. 

Agree. I got mine in 2weeks from Herrington...was waiting for 4 months with Leica Miami and cancelled after getting from Herrington..

This will probably go quickly but I just got a call from Hunt Photo in Boston and they have an open box Q they're selling at 12% off since it's open. They said only 20 photos or so were taken. I didn't go into specifics since I already have one, but Hunt was the first place I called when I tried buying back in Sept. and was put on their waiting list. It's first come first serve, if anyone is interested the woman I spoke to said to call her directly. 

Her name is Andrea and her # is 781.662.8822

Hunt's is legit. This Q is at their Melrose MA. store. 

Placed my order with Herrington today, they say I should have it by this coming Tuesday.

I asked how they were they so well supplied and the CR said that they had had a long term relationship with Leica.

If all goes well I will cancel pre-orders with B&H, Adorama and Leica Soho. 

Thank you to all who posted info about Herrington here.

Sorry in advance for the rant, but I'm thoroughly fed-up waiting for the Q, and the dealer says that Leica are not playing ball at all re supplies. If there's no sign of it in the next couple of days or - at the least - if Leica don't have the courtesy to communucate something rather than nothing, I'm going to get something else.