nico1974

Availability?

Leica contcted their distributors and informed them that the next batch of Qs are due to arrive on 10/9. Another batch will arrive a week after that. I placed my order in late August. B&H is closed for the Jewish holiday this week.  I hope they will ship mine in 2 weeks..

Herrington catalogue has a wait list but if you order now, you should have it in 2 weeks.

I am living in India, Can I get info when Leica Q is available in India ?

Brother,  no official distributor in India, nearest is Bangkok and Singapore, you can call and check with them. I live in India and have booked with Leica Miami when I was in US visiting my son, booked with them on July 17 (no delivery date yet)...

Edited by mehtasunil

Just had a call and been told my Q should arrive in 7-10 days

Ordered in June only for that store to be removed from Leica's supplier list, ordered again in August, hoping it will be worth the wait! (and cost)

Body of email from Leica Miami this morning; I went on the waitlist July 27th:

Thank you for your patience as you wait for your Leica Q (Typ 116). We know the wait has been long, but we have some good news! Leica Store Miami is expecting Q deliveries to increase significantly beginning this month. To better accommodate you and to expedite delivery, please let us know whether or not you still wish to purchase a Q (Typ 116). As soon as we have an exact shipment date for your order, we will contact you to verify payment and delivery options. 

To confirm whether or not you still wish to purchase the Leica Q (Typ 116), please click one of the quick links below:

So reading up on more recent posts here.  I called Leica Bellevue yesterday, to find out how long a wait I might expect.  they were very courteous, and although they anticipate receiving a supply very shortly, they don't expect to satisfy there back-order much before Xmas.

however, they suggested that I call around various Leica dealers, as there was rumor that some were available in their local area.  they were kind enough to provide a # for Kenmore Camera.  So I called Kenmore, and they initially thought they had none, but on checking they had one in stock.

BINGO!  It's tracking to be in my grubby hands by tomorrow.

So, my suggestion is start calling all authorized Leica Dealers, you never know what you may find.

Paul

Hi 

I just got a call from the Leica store in Miami they have units coming in this week.  I am going to give mine up since I have purchased anyone interested I can give you details.

cheers

Just as an FYI I gave my spot to another member here.  I did contact the store and was told that would be ok. Good to be able to make someone's day.

Just got the call from my favorite camera store and was told my Q will be in early next week!  Looks like the gates are starting to open. 

This is good news for....

Probably people who are reading the availability thread and are looking to see if the Q is starting to ship to dealers who can fill orders etc... Just my guess...

Body of email from Leica Miami this morning; I went on the waitlist July 27th:

Thank you for your patience as you wait for your Leica Q (Typ 116). We know the wait has been long, but we have some good news! Leica Store Miami is expecting Q deliveries to increase significantly beginning this month. To better accommodate you and to expedite delivery, please let us know whether or not you still wish to purchase a Q (Typ 116). As soon as we have an exact shipment date for your order, we will contact you to verify payment and delivery options. 

To confirm whether or not you still wish to purchase the Leica Q (Typ 116), please click one of the quick links below:

sounds good...

With all this news of increased shipping I got all excited when I saw a new message from B&H.   I should have checked the date, first.  It was simply my semimonthly notice that the camera is still back ordered.   Some day....  I've been waiting since the end of June.

Just picked mine up today in Melbourne, Australia. Was originally on another shop's waitlist but they only received 3 yesterday (was 6th in line) and another shop received 2 today with 1 unaccounted for. Happy days!