Availability?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Leica contcted their distributors and informed them that the next batch of Qs are due to arrive on 10/9. Another batch will arrive a week after that. I placed my order in late August. B&H is closed for the Jewish holiday this week.  I hope they will ship mine in 2 weeks..

Herrington catalogue has a wait list but if you order now, you should have it in 2 weeks.

I am living in India, Can I get info when Leica Q is available in India ?

Brother,  no official distributor in India, nearest is Bangkok and Singapore, you can call and check with them. I live in India and have booked with Leica Miami when I was in US visiting my son, booked with them on July 17 (no delivery date yet)...

Edited by mehtasunil

Body of email from Leica Miami this morning; I went on the waitlist July 27th:

Thank you for your patience as you wait for your Leica Q (Typ 116). We know the wait has been long, but we have some good news! Leica Store Miami is expecting Q deliveries to increase significantly beginning this month. To better accommodate you and to expedite delivery, please let us know whether or not you still wish to purchase a Q (Typ 116). As soon as we have an exact shipment date for your order, we will contact you to verify payment and delivery options. 

To confirm whether or not you still wish to purchase the Leica Q (Typ 116), please click one of the quick links below:

So reading up on more recent posts here.  I called Leica Bellevue yesterday, to find out how long a wait I might expect.  they were very courteous, and although they anticipate receiving a supply very shortly, they don't expect to satisfy there back-order much before Xmas.

however, they suggested that I call around various Leica dealers, as there was rumor that some were available in their local area.  they were kind enough to provide a # for Kenmore Camera.  So I called Kenmore, and they initially thought they had none, but on checking they had one in stock.

BINGO!  It's tracking to be in my grubby hands by tomorrow.

So, my suggestion is start calling all authorized Leica Dealers, you never know what you may find.

Paul

Body of email from Leica Miami this morning; I went on the waitlist July 27th:

Thank you for your patience as you wait for your Leica Q (Typ 116). We know the wait has been long, but we have some good news! Leica Store Miami is expecting Q deliveries to increase significantly beginning this month. To better accommodate you and to expedite delivery, please let us know whether or not you still wish to purchase a Q (Typ 116). As soon as we have an exact shipment date for your order, we will contact you to verify payment and delivery options. 

To confirm whether or not you still wish to purchase the Leica Q (Typ 116), please click one of the quick links below:

sounds good...

With all this news of increased shipping I got all excited when I saw a new message from B&H.   I should have checked the date, first.  It was simply my semimonthly notice that the camera is still back ordered.   Some day....  I've been waiting since the end of June.