Availability?

I had a pre-order at Adorama that was placed on August 4th. I canceled it on September 27th. So anyone who placed an order with them after 8/4 moved up one. 

The reason I canceled was because I purchased one from T44ISKN. Just wanted to say it was a pleasure doing business with him. His photos and descriptions were completely accurate. He even pointed out a tiny blemish on the body that I may have not even noticed otherwise. For anyone else in the future who might be considering purchasing a camera from him, go for it! You have nothing to worry about. I can't recommend him enough. 

Cheers!

There have only been 2 Q's supplied to New Zealand so calling around isn't an option over here :( (I know this for a fact since there is only one distributor and I call them weekly!)

Wow, that's disappointing.  I wonder what the cost would be to have someone ship internationally?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I made the mistake of holding the floor model at my local shop, my 3 month wait is turning into some form of rage now... ;)

Many of us are in the exact same situation, and feel the same way.

Candidly, I don't believe that there will be a supply of the Q's until some  time in early 2016's. It is just a my guess. 

Many of us are in the exact same situation, and feel the same way.

Candidly, I don't believe that there will be a supply of the Q's until some  time in early 2016's. It is just a my guess. 

Maybe after October 20th I won't care anymore about owning a Q.....or, maybe I'll just be on two different waiting lists for different Leica cameras!  I've been on the wait list at Adorama for quite some time now.  

• Like 1

I too have been waiting since mid June.  Rumors are to be taken with a grain of salt. That said, I have heard the same from 3 different dealers. Leica truly underestimated how popular and desired the Q model would be.  Many Leica dealers have complained in past about an uneven playing field when deliveries arrive as a slow stream.  They want equal opportunity to have cameras to sell.  As a result Leica decided to produce a large number of Leica Q and ship to all dealers at once.  This mass delivery is supposed to happen the second week in October.

I do not know if this rumor is true - we will find out together within 10-14 days.  If it is true I am not sure how I feel about this approach. However, I suspect once the camera is in hand I will be too busy enjoying and taking pictures to remember the wait.

I too have been waiting since mid June.  Rumors are to be taken with a grain of salt. That said, I have heard the same from 3 different dealers. Leica truly underestimated how popular and desired the Q model would be.  Many Leica dealers have complained in past about an uneven playing field when deliveries arrive as a slow stream.  They want equal opportunity to have cameras to sell.  As a result Leica decided to produce a large number of Leica Q and ship to all dealers at once.  This mass delivery is supposed to happen the second week in October.

I do not know if this rumor is true - we will find out together within 10-14 days.  If it is true I am not sure how I feel about this approach. However, I suspect once the camera is in hand I will be too busy enjoying and taking pictures to remember the wait.

If that is their approach, it may be dangerous; I wonder how much true demand is out there.  For instance, I have been on the list at Adorama, B&H, Leica NY, SF and Miami.  But just snagged one through the classifieds here from Mogils on the Mountain in Steamboat. And it couldn't have been a better buying experience.

Edited by kmak817

Yea, it seems to make the most business sense to get as many cameras out before the launch of their new sytem on the 20th.  If they don't, then perhaps people might be inclined to cancel their order and wait for the new system.  I've been trying to get some information from my Leica dealer but they are pretty tight lipped at the Tokyo, Ginza store.  Wont even tell me where I'm at on the list.  However on the bright side if I don't have it by the 20th I may decide I like the new one even better.

I did this week. I also received a call from Leica store in Bellevue,WA and they said that there are some coming in the next few weeks.

Great - I ordered at BH in early July, and I'm also on the list in Bellevue since I live about 160 miles south of there...

So here is an authorized distributor that has one to sell right on our own site.  http://www.l-camera-forum.com/classifieds/item/11674-leica-q-new-in-box-authorized-dealer/

Surprised no one has jumped on this yet?

I called 'em, someone on here nabbed it but now I'm next on their list (with 1 slated to be delivered in OCT they said).  Very short list if nothing else!?

Was on a few waiting lists since early September, so not that long compared to others. Just happened to be in Chicago last week for the day and wandered into an authorized distributor there. Toned down, cleaned up version of conversation went like this:

Me (in a blasé manner expecting to be laughed at): Just wondering if you had a Leica Q or any idea when you might get some in?

Salesperson: We had one a few days ago but sold and gone. Let me ask if and when we can get you one. (Calls over to person in charge I am looking for a Leica Q who walks over to me.)

Person in Charge: Is it a Q you're looking for?

Me: Yes, but I know...........................

Person in Charge: There's one right there (on the shelf). (Points to unopened, still in grey shipping box , just recently delivered Leica Q)

Me: Are you serious?

Person in Charge: Yep, just recently delivered.

Me (in shock): No way!!! I will take it, thank you very much!!!

Must have been my lucky day and I do feel for those waiting for months. Those who ordered after early September perhaps have moved up one on a list or two I was on (and informed the vendors to remove me). It might be worth calling or checking in on some of your smaller local dealers though rather than the big stores - you might run into the same luck I did. Been using the camera for a week and mostly pleased. A few quirks I agree with on the 'Leica Q Firmware Request' thread but I can say that (coming from a DSLR that I still have), the sharpness and quality of that lens combined with that camera is something else.