Availability?

Does anybody know of a Leica Q that is available from a USA camera store?

Right now it's waitlisted everywhere in the US.  Every Leica store got cameras and immediately sold out of them.  If I were you, I'd get on a bunch of lists now.  

Some require a credit card to hold your spot.  Some just add your name to the list and call you.  But don't wait... this camera is going to do extraordinarily well for Leica, and it's priced to move quickly.

• Like 1

Good news, Park Cameras have their initial allocation and mine is being sent today so I should get it tomorrow or Wednesday :)

Received fine today, and I'm delighted with it so far. Handling and image quality is as I expected and hoped for.

Worth saying though that it doesn't feel quite as well built/dense to me as the Sony RX1, which surprised me. I guess it's a worthwhile tradeoff weight wise, as the Q is quite a big camera relative to the Sony. My OCD also really really hates the lens rattle when the camera is off! Neither of these things are showstoppers for me, but worth mentioning perhaps that those who attach great importance to build quality might be better off trying the camera in store rather than buying blind.

Received fine today, and I'm delighted with it so far. Handling and image quality is as I expected and hoped for.

Worth saying though that it doesn't feel quite as well built/dense to me as the Sony RX1, which surprised me. I guess it's a worthwhile tradeoff weight wise, as the Q is quite a big camera relative to the Sony. My OCD also really really hates the lens rattle when the camera is off! Neither of these things are showstoppers for me, but worth mentioning perhaps that those who attach great importance to build quality might be better off trying the camera in store rather than buying blind.

Yeah, I have the same rattle, it's not anything to worry about.  I think the rattle is also a function of the OIS.

I was today in Luxembourg at the LECUIT camera shop to pick up a few Q accessories.

The guy who served me told me that they received last week 20 Q's and they were all sold within  2 days.

Luxembourg is such a small country, can you imagine, 10 Q's per day, a never seen event before  he told me!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Similar story in the UK last week.

My first authorised dealer had 12 pre-orders for 6 units.

My second call, last Thursday, I got the second pre-order on two units. I went to the main London store on Saturday, they were pre-ordered out and the three people in the store were all there to test it, including me. I got mine on Tuesday.

It was suggested to me at Leica that they are expecting a good flow of stock, whether they anticipated quite as good a reception and reviews, who knows?