Availability?

I've always dreamed about moving to New Zealand and not that this has anything to do with that but I was wondering if it's possible to order abroad and get it quicker? Or does that incur heaving import fees?

Ordered in June, got a call today saying my camera is "confirmed for October", sometimes in sucks to live in New Zealand!

I've always dreamed about moving to New Zealand and not that this has anything to do with that but I was wondering if it's possible to order abroad and get it quicker? Or does that incur heaving import fees?

Import fees are vicious here, you pay the full duty here on the item and shipping costs and pay an "inspection fee" so it would add about 20% to the cost :(

NZ is an awesome place though, we emigrated from the UK 7 years ago and love it here!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Price is now listed at $4,999.00

Digital REV is showing in stock and shipment within 24 hours of order for $4,280 in US with free shipping and US warranty.  Better grab quick.  http://www.digitalrev.com/product/leica-q-typ-116/MTEwNDI1MA_A_A?googlebase=1&country=US&gclid=CNCTk-ny6McCFUQSHwodzDwMiw

Just happened to drop into Camera House in the central market in Adelaide (SA - Australia) and the manager had a new Q (His own demo camera). 

Anyway after some discussion and a call to Leica (To check that they would replace his "demo") I walked out the shop with a brand new Leica Q. 

Awesome camera.........

I'm not sure how a company stays in business when they have a hot product but can't deliver any (or very few) to their sales channels.  If it were my company, I would be busting hump to get product out the door.  As any salesman will tell you, you don't let the live ones get out the door without a sale because if you do, the next sales guy won't and there went your sale.

Edited by barjohn

I'm not sure how a company stays in business when they have a hot product but can't deliver any (or very few) to their sales channels. ...

As you can see, Leica still is in business. Whence, the premise that they can't deliver seems not to be true.

Any child knows that if you want to run a desk with wait times for the client approaching zero, you have to raise its capacity to a largish factor beyond the average demand.

I'm not sure how a company stays in business when they have a hot product but can't deliver any (or very few) to their sales channels.  If it were my company, I would be busting hump to get product out the door.  As any salesman will tell you, you don't let the live ones get out the door without a sale because if you do, the next sales guy won't and there went your sale.

I'm with you - totally agree, this has really gone on too long.  I totally understand having limited supply and the absolute need to maintain quality (I mean this is a $4k item!) - and I understand a product being scarce or somewhat hard to get, but I've been on several lists for 4 months now - 4 months is really pushing the limit - and some stores I've spoke with haven't even received a new unit in months.  I can order a custom car model in shorter time.  

If I were a store owner that carried Leica, I'd hate having to tell my customers with money in their hand that you can't get the product and watch them walk out the door.  Again, I understand there being a limited supply for a limited time, but this seems a bit excessive.  

I'm with you - totally agree, this has really gone on too long.  I totally understand having limited supply and the absolute need to maintain quality (I mean this is a $4k item!) - and I understand a product being scarce or somewhat hard to get, but I've been on several lists for 4 months now - 4 months is really pushing the limit - and some stores I've spoke with haven't even received a new unit in months.  I can order a custom car model in shorter time. 

not if the car was a Morgan or any similar custom "hand built" car….I think the wait time for a Morgan is around a year, probably more.

Morgan, a small high price custom shop…..sort of like Leica in a way. A Rolls? Well let's not go there.

I go back long enough to recall having to wait a few months for my new M2, so not much has changed but Leica is still around I'm happy to say.

I'm not totally enamored with the Q, for me some things need sorting and hopefully will be with firmware updates, but believe that it's worth the wait.

Sadly our instant gratification way of life makes most of us impatient these days, though most would-be Q buyers will stick around with fingers crossed I'm sure.