Availability?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Received mine today.

Ordered from B&H on 6/10. 

But no joy for me, I am getting system error when turn on the camera. It beeps and shows the following message on the rear screen, can't do anything further, if I restart the camera, the same thing happens over and over :(

mV0Pnta.png

Different battery? Further (re)charge battery?

Insert battery and/or media a little more positively?

Try looking for a hidden bootup sequence:

eg power on with other buttons pressed (like menu)

also include a 'long press' variation.

Edited by piran

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My Q is still on pre-order, though I do have an LX100 available.

Citing same error with no card present rules out a media issue?

Remove battery and ensure every piece of clickable button

or switch functionality is not 'stuck in'. This might lead to the

present non booting up happening. 'System Error' is vague

and suggests a situation with which the OS cannot cope.

Stuck POSTs / BIOS issues can be worked around in some

designs with a long press (10sec) of a button or combination

of buttons on computers, you might cajole the OS that way.

Yes, the battery is half charged because Li-ion batteries must have some charge when stored. However, interrupting the startup sequence should not cause any harm. It will simply continue the next time you put a fully charge battery in it.

I am afraid, there is no point talking about it here. Leica Customer Care is just a phone call away and they have the only relevant answer for you. I am afraid, unless there is some other solution, you will have to ship this to Leica or your dealer for replacement/repair (whatever the rules are in your country). Sorry about this. 

Order #1 submitted to B&H on 06/12. Still waiting ... Checked with B&H customer service rep today, no updates ... 

Order #2 submitted to Leica Bellevue (in USA) on 06/18, I'm so-called #15 in the list. Checked with the store over the weekend on 6/28, there should be a batch coming in this week. But I was told I'm not on this week's distribution list.... So, still waiting ...

Got a surprise phone call from Leica Store Bellevue (in USA) on 07/03 telling me that they had a Q available for me to pick up. Quickly picked it up from the store without delay, bought a 49mm 3 stops ND filter, unboxed, put on a battery and glass screen protector, ordered a Thumbs Up on line etc .... I am ready to go take pictures with the new Q :)

• Like 2

Did anybody other than 5one7 receive a camera from Leica Store Miami?

I ordered on 6/10 and have not yet received a delivery date...

Glass screen protector available for the Q now

I bought an extra GGS LCD screen glass protector from ebay for my Leica D-Lux 6 (now sold), found it fits perfectly on the Q LCD.

The GGS glass looks almost identical to the Q LCD even with the black bar on the left as well.

The GGS glass is OK when using touch screen functions such as Touch Focus and scroll photos for display.

It is much cheaper than the Leica's original screen protection film. I also preferred glass protector than film e.g. I dropped my M9 a couple of weeks ago. The Giottos glass broke its corner (already replaced) and the camera was not damaged at all. Not even a dent. Lucky me ...

Edited by d0c0m0
  • Like 1