Availability?

There now seems to be a delay on accessories.  No landing date in Leica London.

What is worse, the half case - which they insist on calling a "Protector" - does not have a grip on the front like any sensible half case, such as the one on my MM.

http://us.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-Q/Accessories/Q-Camera-accessories/Leica-Q-Protector

The Leica half cases have been called protector almost forever. I am not sure who started calling these things half case, but it's a lousy name as it implies that it is half of something which usually it is not. Well, protector is not much better... but anyway

Whe Q version does indeed not have any grip. It is styled to close match the leather of the Q body and includes a flap at the bottom, which is a first for Leica.

However, the M protector doesn't really have a grip either - as compared to e.g. Artisan or Luigi

Since Arte di mano is already selling their third party "half case" for Q, I would expect Angelo Pelle, Luigi and Artisan to follow sooner than later. Artisan might even introduce a case that takes a Q with grip...

Order #1 submitted to B&H on 06/12. Still waiting ... Checked with B&H customer service rep today, no updates ... 

Order #2 submitted to Leica Bellevue (in USA) on 06/18, I'm so-called #15 in the list. Checked with the store over the weekend on 6/28, there should be a batch coming in this week. But I was told I'm not on this week's distribution list.... So, still waiting ...

• Like 1

Yes, ordered mine on 6/10 from B&H and have it now too. Exceeds expectations...

Skor ordered his on 6/11 from B&H.

Schluet ordered his on 06/10 from B&H.

I ordered mine on 06/12 from B&H.

Both Skor and Schuet are bow playing with their new toys while I am still waiting. Congratulations. But what a 2-days difference here in terms of the back order.

BTW, I just called Leica Bellevue (local), they said next batch is around mid July.

So, who knows, both my pre-orders might show up around the same time in mid July; will see who will call me first.

For now, will stick to M9 for the coming long weekend.

Skor ordered his on 6/11 from B&H.

Schluet ordered his on 06/10 from B&H.

I ordered mine on 06/12 from B&H.

Both Skor and Schuet are bow playing with their new toys while I am still waiting. Congratulations. But what a 2-days difference here in terms of the back order.

BTW, I just called Leica Bellevue (local), they said next batch is around mid July.

So, who knows, both my pre-orders might show up around the same time in mid July; will see who will call me first.

For now, will stick to M9 for the coming long weekend.

For what it is worth, I also ordered 6/11 from B&H and still shows "on order" status.

Still no sign of mine yet. I've gotten cold feet now because of the LCD and EVF issues. I want more for almost £3k. I've cancelled my order.

If anyone in the UK is interested in a handgrip, medium sized finger loop and two spare Leica batteries, let me know!  :p

Still no sign of mine yet. I've gotten cold feet now because of the LCD and EVF issues.

What issues?

The EVF has a rubber rim that is at least 1mm. It is impossible to scratch the EVF with your glasses. Of course if you use your fingers to clean it.....

BTW. my LCD is solid in all corners.

My dealers July batch arrived today (5) and they say they are expecting more in 2 weeks, so supplies to the UK are looking up ..... not huge quantities but a reasonable steady trickle ..... :)

Edited by thighslapper

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I just took delivery. Anxiously waiting for battery to charge. Tick tock goes the clock . . .

Edited by prk60091

My returned Q should arrive to Camera West this afternoon about 4PM PST.

If you call the you might catch it :p

Pappde- Thanks for the heads up! I called Camera West and I'm waiting to hear back from them. Did you just have a change of heart or was yours defective?

EDIT: They called back and said I could buy the camera, but since I'm not a "regular", they didn't want to offer me free shipping on a $4250 item. Pretty pathetic. Still waiting to hear back from another pre order.

Edited by drives

Pappde- Thanks for the heads up! I called Camera West and I'm waiting to hear back from them. Did you just have a change of heart or was yours defective?

Please see my Tale of the three Leica Q post.

• Like 1