Availability?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Anyone know if it's available in New York?

I have my name in @ 2 NY dealers since early April, was given an ETA of "a couple weeks" at the time, so glad I ended up snagging a demo one from Popflash while waiting...

Not heard from either, so the backlog must be worse than they anticipated.

I had good luck with Bergen County Camera in NJ for my M240 back in 2013, you might want to give them a call.

It's everybody's fault over on the image thread, because I decided to order a Q here in the US.  I ordered from Herrington Catalog yesterday and it is shipping out this afternoon.  This time around waiting is not in my cards.

Interesting. I've been waiting for eight days now on an order from Herrington. 

FWIW, I put my name on a wait-list at Leica Store in Mayfair (London) last week, and the gentleman at the store said I was on a wait-list that would take "months"... on a whim (really just impatient), I called the London City Leica store yesterday and they happened to receive one that morning... I grabbed it that afternoon (I was not on a wait-list at this store.)  Make sure you call around to different stores and understand how the wait-list works (they are different at each store.)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Just got my Q today from Herrington. Herrington rocks!

Placed my order with B&H last month. No answer from them as when the Q will be shipped. Maybe in 2-4 months. 

After reading the post here, decided to go with Herrington. It was shipped about 6 days after the order was placed. Same price @ $4250.

It was a surreal experience when I opened the package. Wow!

Now, maybe I will get rid off my Fuji XT1 and 50 mm Sumicron lens.

Hi,

Just got my Q today from Herrington. Herrington rocks!

Placed my order with B&H last month. No answer from them as when the Q will be shipped. Maybe in 2-4 months. 

After reading the post here, decided to go with Herrington. It was shipped about 6 days after the order was placed. Same price @ $4250.

It was a surreal experience when I opened the package. Wow!

I also got my Q from http://www.herringtoncatalog.com .  It is coming tomorrow. They have more Qs, I think. This site was highly recommended by a trusted member in Nikonians where he got his and was very happy with his experience. I will keep you guys posted, after I get mine.

Hektor

• 3 months later...

Hi,

. . . .

I appreciated this, as before my Q  I was shooting with an X-Pro1 & adapted Zeiss 50 Planar f/2 lens.  Actually an excellent lens on a very good camera, but nothing like the combo of the Leica Q body with its fixed Summilux lens!  Enjoy your Q.