Availability?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sorry in advance for the rant, but I'm thoroughly fed-up waiting for the Q, and the dealer says that Leica are not playing ball at all re supplies. If there's no sign of it in the next couple of days or - at the least - if Leica don't have the courtesy to communucate something rather than nothing, I'm going to get something else.

Just order one from Herrington, If I remember correctly she said they were getting 24.

Update: It seems there's one on its way and it might be ready for pick-up next week. After all this, it had better be worth the wait!

It's well worth the wait!!  Leica organic quality photo's and a tool that doesn't get in the way (like a Sony with their interface).  On top of that it is extremely enjoyable to shoot!

Just got a shipping notification from Herrington Catalog! I ordered on 10/27 around 2pm, chose 2-day shipping and they shipped via fedex overnight (to be delivered tomorrow). Many thanks to those who introduced Herrington Catalog! I had emailed them and they confirmed that they are a Leica authorized dealer.

• Like 1

I prepaid for mine from Hunt's Photo and Video in up in Melrose (Boston) on Friday and they just called to let me know they got one in and they are shipping it out today. They are slowly trickling in, but there are not many people on their list so if you are willing to prepay, you can move to the top.  I had pre-orders at B&H and Leica Miami but it seems everyone else does too and I spoke with several people who waited months from those sources.  My Q should arrive on Wed.  I learned about Hunt's at the Photo Expo in NYC where they always have a booth.   They are a reputable store that has been in business for some time.  My salesperson was Jeremy and he did a great job so worth checking out if you're looking for some alternatives.  Hopefully, the shipments will start to pick up and the demand will ease.  

Just got a shipping notification from Herrington Catalog! I ordered on 10/27 around 2pm, chose 2-day shipping and they shipped via fedex overnight (to be delivered tomorrow). Many thanks to those who introduced Herrington Catalog! I had emailed them and they confirmed that they are a Leica authorized dealer.

Great! I ordered mine on 10/26, still waiting on shipping information. Can you tell if it requires a signature?

Had one on order from B&H since 6/23 and folks are getting them elsewhere in no time..., seems Leica should evaluate their distribution strategies. Anyway I'm out of the que as I canceled my order today. 

I don't know about that. If everyone chooses to buy from the same place it's not Leicas responsibility to starve other distribution points to satisfy their one customer.

Had one on order from B&H since 6/23 and folks are getting them elsewhere in no time..., seems Leica should evaluate their distribution strategies. Anyway I'm out of the que as I canceled my order today. 

It's always BH and the largest (and most obvious dealers) where you have the longest wait.

When you want something, look for the smaller dealers. There's always someone who has one or two any given day. 

• Like 1

I don't know about that. If everyone chooses to buy from the same place it's not Leicas responsibility to starve other distribution points to satisfy their one customer.

I guess I agree but why are they selling to Herrington anyway who cannot be considered a "high end camera dealer" when they cannot supply their most important and consistent channels. Anyone have any idea of how many Q's they produce a month?