starshipstu

Leica Q App and iOS9 not working

I still have an old iPhone 4s with version: 7. The new App is supposed to be compatible with this setup.

Downloaded the new Leica App and it won't work with my setup. Had to delete and load up the old version of the Leica App.

Anybody else find this?

New ios9 app in the app store this morning. Now installed and the Q connects!

Indeed it does. iOS 9.0.2 and the app is working just fine.

Amazing response on Leica's part!!  Works great!!

An even more amazing response would have been if Leica had an Apple Developer account, got beta releases of the new versions of iOS, and made sure the app was working before iOS 9 was released. I mean, I'm Joe Public and I am running iOS 9.1 beta as part of the feedback programme. There's really no excuse on Leica's part here.

Edited by Masklin

It is now the end of February 2016.  I am still having problems transferring files from my Q to my iPad using the Q app. Would some one who is technically ept consider doing a YouTube tutorial on the various methods of connecting.  Also, how do you delete files from your Leica Q Album?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I don't think iOS supports DNG regardless, right? I think it's only the JPEGs that can be uploaded via Leica app or Camera Connection cable from Apple.

As far as I know IOS does not support DNG and I am not sure that it supports any raw formats.

As far as I know IOS does not support DNG and I am not sure that it supports any raw formats.

There may be apps that directly read it?

This is what happens on Android, at least, with Photo Mate, whose versions 2 and 3 do open DNGs from the Q.

Now, this doesn't change the fact that our Leica app does not import DNGs over wifi.

Which indeed may be wise, because I also have one of these memory cards that-does-wifi, from a previous camera, and I very clearly remember the enormous time taken by wifi-downloading a couple of raw files: you had to consider exchanging the cam battery after that, or else you get a depleted device...

For me, running Photomate on an andro tablet connected via USB (on-the-go) does solve the thing at this moment.

Edited by Herve5

iOS most certainly supports the DNG files from the Q.  (Photoraw, piRAWnha and Photogene are just a few of the applications that allow you to manipulate DNG files on your iOS device). No app (eyefi included) allows the transmission of DNG files via wifi. 

To manipulate DNG on iOS the file must be uploaded via apples camera connection dongle or the sd card dongle. 

iOS most certainly supports the DNG files from the Q.  (Photoraw, piRAWnha and Photogene are just a few of the applications that allow you to manipulate DNG files on your iOS device). No app (eyefi included) allows the transmission of DNG files via wifi. 

To manipulate DNG on iOS the file must be uploaded via apples camera connection dongle or the sd card dongle. 

I thought the upper-level EyeFi did allow raws in addition of jpegs (but maybe not .DNG indeed?)

Does your last sentence mean iOS cannot deal with the Q just plugging them with an USB OTG?

I thought the upper-level EyeFi did allow raws in addition of jpegs (but maybe not .DNG indeed?)

Does your last sentence mean iOS cannot deal with the Q just plugging them with an USB OTG?

my old eyefi is probably 5+ years old (i have not kept up with teh many different versions since then) did not transmit DNG's (from my old X1).

Other than the Apple Dongles  (Camera Connection Kit and SD Card Kit) I do not know any other way of importing DNG's onto an iOS device.  I have both. I use both alternatively depending on which happens to be the handiest.