gwpics

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have written a short blog piece about a recent shoot at Wilton Sheep Sales near Salisbury in England. It features a number of black and white images taken there on the M9 and can be viewed at:

http://wp.me/pT0pm-mI

Hope you enjoy looking!

Gerry

Gerry -

Those are terrific shots.  Unfortunately, very few of us will see them since most of us will not click through without incentive to do so.  In the future I encourage you to post one or two photos directly here along with the link to lure us into clicking through.

• Like 1

Gerry -

Those are terrific shots.  Unfortunately, very few of us will see them since most of us will not click through without incentive to do so.  In the future I encourage you to post one or two photos directly here along with the link to lure us into clicking through.

That is a very good point and I will rectify that asap. Thanks Stuart!

Gerry

I clicked through...it's worth the effort! These are all such excellent documentary shots of the human attendees at the sale,

but I (just personally) would enjoy seeing more shots of sheep and human interaction.

Thank you Dee. If it is of interest there is a larger gallery of colour images from my time there at http://archive.gwpics.com/gallery/Wilton-Sheep-Sales/G0000ycjDLLIM4Qw. You can click on any image to view larger.

Gerry

Edited by gwpics

Thank you Dee. If it is of interest there is a larger gallery of colour images from my time there at http://archive.gwpics.com/gallery/Wilton-Sheep-Sales/G0000ycjDLLIM4Qw. You can click on any image to view larger.

Gerry

Thanks again Gerry, some very nice shots (and sheep) there....... please don't think I'm picky I really like your documentary work best in B&W.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks again Gerry, some very nice shots (and sheep) there....... please don't think I'm picky I really like your documentary work best in B&W.

Again you are very kind Dee.

I have to agree with you (and agin thank you) that my documentary work is best in b&w as I think most documentary work is. However, I tend to serve two masters, one of which is the stock library world and the other is my own personal world. Therefore my stock work is in colour and is marketed as such whereas my documentary exhibitions are normally in b&w. The secret of course is in the previsualisation prior to the decision on how to shoot. I have been doing this work for a long time and used to have to decide whether I was shooting with b&w film or colour so I still previsualise all the time before I press the shutter. I like to think I am seldom wrong.

Thanks again for your consideration of my work.

Gerry