Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone,

Since Adobe or Leica haven't able to provide with profiles inside Lightroom for Leica T as other models, has anyone been successful to reproduce the black and white high contrast on the DNG files? I have try with the black and white conversion in Lightroom, software such as Silver Efex Pro 2, Alien Skin, Topaz, etc., but the feeling/look is not the same from the jpg file.

Thank you,

Francisco

There are many ways to produce high contrast B&W from a DNG file, up to graphic effects. But don't expect software to do so automatically. Experiment with your sliders and curves. It is quite possible to mimic the look of the OOC JPG if so desired. The object of shooting DNG is to better it.

B&W conversion has very little to do with camera profiles, which control the way the raw file is interpreted by the raw developer regarding colour rendering.

@jaapv: I have also try to do the same with the sliders of Lightroom but not happy with the look, but as you said, I need to continue experimenting.

Hello everyone,

Since Adobe or Leica haven't able to provide with profiles inside Lightroom for Leica T as other models,

Francisco

I am intrigued by your comment that there are profiles within LR for 'other models'. I am shooting with an M9 and can find no camera profiles. Can you please clarify what you mean.

Thanks!

Gerry

I have has good success with Lightroom using the raw files out of the T to convert to b/w but takes work.  The only setting I know of has to do with the lens profile.  And, unfortunately, they might not be up to speed on T lenses?  I use all M lenses on the T to date.  The jpg in b/w out of the camera also looks pretty good most of the time.  In many cases, better than I can reproduce from raw.

I am intrigued by your comment that there are profiles within LR for 'other models'. I am shooting with an M9 and can find no camera profiles. Can you please clarify what you mean.

Thanks!

Gerry

In the develop menu scroll down, just above the last sliders. Basically a choice between "Adobe" and "embedded" unless you add your own.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In the develop menu scroll down, just above the last sliders. Basically a choice between "Adobe" and "embedded" unless you add your own.

Ah, now I understand what you mean!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Herr Barnack
      Here's an interesting article about the "new and improved" Acros II black and white film from Fuji:
      Comparing Fujifilm NEOPAN 100 ACROS II to original ACROS. What's the difference?
      https://emulsive.org/articles/comparing-fujifilm-neopan-100-acros-ii-to-original-acros-whats-the-difference
    • By gwpics
      It was in 1997 when my wife and I first visited New England. I wanted to attend the annual Star Island ‘escape’ of the New Hampshire Society of Photographic Artists, and it was to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary. Both of us had always wanted to visit the area for the fall colours, so we scraped the money together and did the trip.

One of our days was spent travelling the road which was the old route of i95 before it became a multi-lane highway, to discover a little of rural America north of Boston. It turned out to be a fascinating drive with abandoned wood-built hotels, and large empty barns, both of which had died when the traffic deserted the road for the new superhighway. During our travels we came across a car lot selling rusty old heaps of autos which I did not understand why anybody would pay the price, but which I enjoyed enjoyed photographing. Today there is a programme here on cable TV in the UK called “American Pickers” and I understand the American restoration market more, and therefore the old-time autos sat by the roadside. As it was, I was just fascinated to see them and photograph some of them.

I was new to Leica having bought my M3 double-stroke about 6 months earlier, and was using Kodak T400CN film so I could get it processed as I went to avoid x-ray problems at the airport. The lens was a beat-up 50mm Summicron f2 because it was what I could afford. I have just been going through the archives, and I particularly like this image. I may be wrong but I reckon the price would now be about 4 times what is shown here.

If anybody knows the make and model of the auto, or the location of the car lot I would like to know.

Hope you like the image!

Gerry

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By peterv
      Hi everyone, just a quick question.
      I am planning to buy the new MacBook Pro 2019, should I go for 32 or 64GB RAM?
      I have already made up my mind that I will choose the fastest processor and the biggest graphic card.
      I am using Lightroom and Photoshop and you know, there are always a few Safari and Mail windows open, iTunes in the background, that sort of thing. I am replacing my mid 2012 MacBook Pro and I am hoping this new machine will last me another eight years, so keeping in mind that the machine should still be quite usable in say, five years time, 32 or 64 GB?
      I am hoping this new machine will last me another eight years 😊
      Thanks in advance!
    • By Herr Barnack
      For those who use the Q2 to create black and white images, what have you found is the way to get the best results in terms of image quality? 
      Do you shoot in color then convert to B&W in post processing?  If so, which software program do you prefer? 
      I know we already have a Q2 image thread, but if we could see some examples of B&W images made with the Q2 in this thread by way of example, that would be great.  My Q2 is on the way and I want to learn about how to maximize it for black and white imagery, particularly for making exhibit quality B&W prints.  I'm sure many others will be interest in this, too.