Black and White High Contrast Lightroom

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone,

Since Adobe or Leica haven't able to provide with profiles inside Lightroom for Leica T as other models, has anyone been successful to reproduce the black and white high contrast on the DNG files? I have try with the black and white conversion in Lightroom, software such as Silver Efex Pro 2, Alien Skin, Topaz, etc., but the feeling/look is not the same from the jpg file.

Thank you,

Francisco

There are many ways to produce high contrast B&W from a DNG file, up to graphic effects. But don't expect software to do so automatically. Experiment with your sliders and curves. It is quite possible to mimic the look of the OOC JPG if so desired. The object of shooting DNG is to better it.

B&W conversion has very little to do with camera profiles, which control the way the raw file is interpreted by the raw developer regarding colour rendering.

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

Since Adobe or Leica haven't able to provide with profiles inside Lightroom for Leica T as other models,

Francisco

I am intrigued by your comment that there are profiles within LR for 'other models'. I am shooting with an M9 and can find no camera profiles. Can you please clarify what you mean.

Thanks!

Gerry

I have has good success with Lightroom using the raw files out of the T to convert to b/w but takes work.  The only setting I know of has to do with the lens profile.  And, unfortunately, they might not be up to speed on T lenses?  I use all M lenses on the T to date.  The jpg in b/w out of the camera also looks pretty good most of the time.  In many cases, better than I can reproduce from raw.

I am intrigued by your comment that there are profiles within LR for 'other models'. I am shooting with an M9 and can find no camera profiles. Can you please clarify what you mean.

Thanks!

Gerry

In the develop menu scroll down, just above the last sliders. Basically a choice between "Adobe" and "embedded" unless you add your own.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...