Is it possible to Super Impose Several Images - Stop Motion?

manup4

Hi, I have an App on my iPhone that superimposes..

(sent you a message)..

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I am surprised to find that I kept the image I referenced above.

Basically, it was shot as a series to auto-stitch together as if a panoramic,

but I kept the camera still so Photoshop renders the young man as multiple

images of him walking through the background which does not change.

(Voigtlander 15mm Version 1 on M9.)

silly_pan2.jpg

Edited by pico
  • Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am surprised to find that I kept the image I referenced above.

Basically, it was shot as a series to auto-stitch together as if a panoramic,

but I kept the camera still so Photoshop renders the young man as multiple

images of him walking through the background which does not change.

(Voigtlander 15mm Version 1 on M9.)

silly_pan2.jpg

This is exactly what I want to do.  Where can i find more information on how to accomplish it?

This is exactly what I want to do.  Where can i find more information on how to accomplish it?

First, of course, this is Photoshop CS5.1 2. This screen shot shows one automated option called Photomerge. When you take it, a window opens up which allows you to add multiple images. Try it. It might work for you. If not, I'll have to go back to make another example. It has been years since I made the image above.

Aside: The snapshot below is possible through a Mac App called ScreenShot PSD which allows you to take a screen shot which captures the screen in discreet layers to a Photoshop image. Turning off certain layers allows you to ignore things like the background image, etc...

tmp2.jpg

Edited by pico

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you.  So I got to the photo merge step and imported the 4 pictures.  It shows them as 4 layers but I'm unable to superimpose them.  Is there something else that I am supposed to do to complete it?

First, of course, this is Photoshop CS5.1 2. This screen shot shows one automated option called Photomerge. When you take it, a window opens up which allows you to add multiple images. Try it. It might work for you. If not, I'll have to go back to make another example. It has been years since I made the image above.

Aside: The snapshot below is possible through a Mac App called ScreenShot PSD which allows you to take a screen shot which captures the screen in discreet layers to a Photoshop image. Turning off certain layers allows you to ignore things like the background image, etc...

tmp2.jpg

Autopano also gives nice results. Here with 4 images. The effect can be realized by stitching of the pictures too.

This is not the church of course, but the backside of the entrance. Behind the wall were the houses of the (former) "Domkapitel".

Jan

Is there something else that I am supposed to do to complete it?

With your stacked image you need to go to Layers tab at the top and down at the bottom of the column is 'Flatten Image' if you are finished and want to save it at the native file size of one image , or Merge Layers if you want to carry on working and work again on the Layers later, but saving it this way can cause big files.

Steve

Edited by 250swb

Its a bit tricky, but doable.

1 - shoot your source images - A tripod will help keep the camera aligned properly while you shoot them.

2 - open the files in Photoshop

3 - select one image, then select all (Command/Ctrl and the A key) then copy it (Command/Ctrl and C)

4 - paste the copied image on your "base" image and align it with the background (much easier if you used a tripod)

5 - use a layer mask to remove the bits you don't want (jump on youtube for a tutorial of Layermasking) 

6 - select the next file, copy, paste on the "base" and remove the bits you don't want.

7 - once you have all the separate images added, you can change their opacity with the opacity slider on the top of the layers tab, select the layer and then turn it up or down.

8 - Save the .PSD (Photoshop file) incase you want to adjust something, then save a JPEG and post it here so we can see how it looks !

this is a pic i did years ago (2007, well before i had a Leica, but it illustrates the point) 

I rested the camera on a fence, and fired a bunch of frames as the car slid through the corner - later i layered them together using the above directions, then cropped off all the extra bits that didn't add to the picture

Edited by Echo63

That is entirely too complex, echo. Photo merge is simple.

Its easier than it sounds, and gives a lot more control than photomerge  (that said, i do use photo merge for creating panoramas, and it works wonderfully for that)

• Like 1