Sign in to follow this  
indergaard

Microsoft Edge browser compatibility bug

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

Just to let you know, the forum has issues with Microsoft's Edge browser (the latest officially patched version).

It is not possible to quote posts with the Edge browser at all. The quick-quote field will basically remain all empty, and the only option is to click "more reply options" to be able to write anything at all. When that is done, and the new post editor is loaded, there are no quote entry in the dialog box. The new dialog box is completely empty.

Step 1: Just cliked "quote" on the last post in the thread. The quick-reply dialog box pops up, completely empty, and unusable.

Step 2: Clicked the "more reply options" button, and the advanced editor is loaded on a new page. The dialog box is completely empty (no quote from the post) but allows text input.

I'm finding that Edge is a little incomplete. It does its job, but lacks quite a bit of functionality. I suspect what you have found (and I find the same) is just another example.

I use it on a tablet, and the inability to swipe left and right is a PITA.

I have gone back to Chrome for most things.

I'm finding that Edge is a little incomplete. It does its job, but lacks quite a bit of functionality. I suspect what you have found (and I find the same) is just another example.

I use it on a tablet, and the inability to swipe left and right is a PITA.

I have gone back to Chrome for most things.

I don't think it's a problem with Edge. I don't have a single problem on any other website, and it is one of the most standards compliant browsers already available. And also the most responsive. Although yea, if you need extensions, support for that isn't available yet.

What Edge does, it appears to do correctly. But there is too much missing:

- Managing favourites/bookmarks in Edge is a PITA. Internet Explorer & Chrome used to let you drag bookmarks around to get them in the right order. You need the bookmark manager to do this in Edge. Also, Edge does not like bookmarks hierarchically arranged in folders: it jumps to the bookmark manager. Moving bookmarks in the manager on a tablet is flaky at best; they randomly rearrange.

- Edge can't handle Sky Go (I haven't tried BBC iPlayer yet); nor can Chrome, though IE could.

- Finger swiping is pretty integral to how Microsoft wants you to use Edge on mobile devices. But it is not there.

I use a Surface Pro, and I am disappointed in Edge's behaviour on MS's own tablet. It looks good (text and menu button sizing is better than IE and Chrome for touch screens), but I hope they update it soon.

But other than the issue you mention, I haven't seen any problems with website display.

Edited by LocalHero1953

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Aktenschrank
      Hi everyone, 
      I've encountered a strange issue on my SL2 and am wondering if anyone experiences the same or has found a solution/workaround for it. The issue is that when I'm switching to a user profile with an M-lens attached to the camera using the Leica M-L adapter, the lens profiles section shows "Unknown Lens" and IBIS etc does not work properly. The camera for some strange reason is also stuck in ISO 100.
      Steps to reproduce the issue:
      Create a user profile with an L-mount lens attached to the camera Switch the camera off (also happens when switching lenses on-the-fly though) Mount an M lens using the Leica M>L adapter Turn camera on and switch to your user profile. In the lens selection menu it shows unknown lens. Selecting "Auto" in the Lens profiles menu fixes the issue and the M lens is properly detected. I have to do this last step each time I switch user profiles with an M lens attached to get the lens correctly recognised, which is quite inconvenient. Has anyone experienced the same or found a solution/workaround?
      Many thanks for your help!

• By meerec
      Has anyone noticed this? When a flash is attached in the hotshoe, going into ISO settings and changing to any value doesn’t get updated on the screen. You turn the wheel to change the setting, and display stays on as if the action wasn’t allowed. When you exit and return to ISO screen, it is actually updated by the number of clicks you did. The flash must be on of course.

On a more general note, I keep finding little bugs like this above, is there a central location where to upload comments of bugs found for Leica to address?
    • Guest roey
      By Guest roey
      In the Firmware 3.0 thread I mentioned that my camera does occasionally freeze. After it locked up a couple of times over the last weekend I spent some time today trying to see whether I can reproduce the problem. As it turns out, I can, however it looks like it is a temporary freeze since if I wait for what feels like 10 seconds the SL does recover and starts working again.

Here are the steps to reproduce the (temporary) freeze:

1. Set drive mode to medium speed
      2. Turn off auto review
      3. Hold down the shutter to take ~10 shots
      4. While the red light is blinking
         4.1. Hit the play button (TR)
         4.2. Double tap the display (to zoom in)
         4.3. Swipe on the display

At that point the display freezes and the camera no longer reacts to any buttons or switches -- including the off-switch. The red light keeps blinking for a while. After another 5 seconds or so the camera starts responding again.

I am sure there are other series of steps that would give the same result. Before I try to narrow this down further (try different cards, different battery, different steps) I would be grateful if some of you could try out the above steps and let me know whether you can reproduce this with your cameras.
    • By nico1974
      Hello

I have noticed that very occasionally the LV and Menu button is unresponsive on my brand new Leica M10 - Outer Box Date 30/1/17. It does not appear to be a mechanical issue and the LV button is responsive again once I take an image and the auto preview displays or if I press the Play button first. The issue then goes away. I don't have the Visoflex 020 yet and use the LCD and noticed this when I tried to use a 15mm lens today.

It is very difficult to replicate the problem consistently - I have changed memory cards and reset the camera settings. I am on Firmware version 1.0.2.0

Thanks

Nicholas

EDIT - All resolved thanks to Digitalfx - this was user error on my part just tap the button quickly...dont push and hold
    • By CheshireCat
      It's been a couple of days that I am stuck with plaintext while posting on the forum with my iPad.
      Don't know if this happens also on other OS's.

Also, the first empty line of text used to separate the quoted message from the reply is removed when editing the reply.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy