DNG + JPEG Fine annoying setting

JHAG

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Why do I have to re-select DNG + JPEG fine everytime I change battery ?

I used the T as a second shooter with the M on an assignment. 

After changing battery, the bloody thing reverted to JPEG instead of my preset of choice.

And it's the second or third time it does this.

Apart the fact that it's already rather annoying to have a Sony sensor refusing to shoot in DNG only, as in the X2…

Edited by JHAG

No, if firmware upgrade were needed, I would have said so, and apparently no one ever experienced this with any firmware, when I'm having it every time I change battery.  :huh:

Edited by JHAG

No, if firmware upgrade were needed, I would have said so, and apparently no one ever experienced this with any firmware, when I'm having it every time I change battery.  :huh:

Isn't the camera supposed to have a recharging battery that holds configuration data while the removable battery is out? If so, then it seems you have one that does not hold charge.

Isn't the camera supposed to have a recharging battery that holds configuration data while the removable battery is out? If so, then it seems you have one that does not hold charge.

Which would be a pity for a camera 6 months old.

Besides, other settings (ISO, etc.) are preserved.

I just noticed this thread.  Happened to me.  But don't think was when I changed the battery.  Was when had to reset the camera when hung by removing the battery.  So maybe camera was still on when you removed the battery?  I have had the camera stay on in the off position when trying to turn it off whilst it was still doing some task.  A bit buggy. 

Why should a firmware update revert DNG setting to JPEG by default ?

It isn’t all that rare for firmware updates to reset settings. If a new firmware shifts the positions where those settings are stored within the camera’s flash RAM the old settings cannot be preserved.

It isn’t all that rare for firmware updates to reset settings. If a new firmware shifts the positions where those settings are stored within the camera’s flash RAM the old settings cannot be preserved.

I don't discuss this : i wonder why the default setting is JPEG fine for such a camera. Should be DNG.