Coding non Leica Lens

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I got my M Adapter T and the Voigtlander Color-Skopar 35mm F2.5 Pan yesterday. Today I decided to try and code the lens. Firstly thanks to this forum I got the template and the 6 Bit code for the lens. The Leica equivalent is the Summarit M 35mm F2.5. 

Note this is not a step by step tutorial...

The Template..

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The template on the lens.

Marking done.

Sadly failed.

• Like 1

I made the marking thicker.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

And... well not really the right lens. But as long as it works i guess? 

I am indeed a happy man.

Edited by TheHobbit
  • Like 1

Good work, I tried this in my early M8 and M9 days. Even bought one of those Match Tech thingies. I found the process frustratingly hit and miss.

A far better option for me was to get the replacement bayonet from my good friend RJ, PM me if you want his details, but he's an E Bay regular. I got one for my Elmarit 28mm, and it works a treat. I also got from him a screw mount adapter, which is 6 bit fitted, and I coded my Canon 50mm f1.4. Perfect.

Gary

Good work, I tried this in my early M8 and M9 days. Even bought one of those Match Tech thingies. I found the process frustratingly hit and miss.

A far better option for me was to get the replacement bayonet from my good friend RJ, PM me if you want his details, but he's an E Bay regular. I got one for my Elmarit 28mm, and it works a treat. I also got from him a screw mount adapter, which is 6 bit fitted, and I coded my Canon 50mm f1.4. Perfect.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the offer but I have removed the coding since in all likelihood this will be my only manual focus lens and I don't see any extra benefit of having the lens coded. I am pretty sure I can remember the lens I am using when manual focusing :) I seriously doubt I will be going down the M path and even if I do, I understand that the M9 and M240 does not need coded lens (could be wrong). 

Ivan