Leica T? Or Not...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

(I don't use a EVF btw) with the pleasure of the touchscreen and it's fluent and quick navigation is just amazing. 

I have been wondering about that whether it was really necessary to use the EVF, so it is good to hear you can!

Q and T, one is full frame and fixed the other APS-C and not fixed lens. I would therefore think the 'roadmap' would be perhaps a shared 'T' mount for both the 'Q' and the 'T', the 'T' remaining APS-C and the 'Q' remaining full-frame.

Two different systems. Shared mount (would reduce cost) - a foot in both segments of the market.

Given that new bodies are available now for $1,628 the $1,200 is actually pretty good IMO...

Do you believe that the Q will do better once Leica announces a new interchangeable lens AF camera?  I would be very surprised...

And I can also guarantee you that you will not find the latest 2 zoom lenses for $900...

Besides that I believe the OP has made an excellent choice.

Agreed. I think if anything the Q with 28mm lens will drop somewhat as soon as interchangeable lenses appear for the Q, whereas the T I hope will continue with its system lenses and the M-Adaptor.

At $900-1200 used for a T body, I say YES!

And, I recently did just that.....

And .... are you happy with your choice? I have handled a body and the 18-55 so far and wow, those ooze quality. I get closer to purchasing one.......

Agreed. I think if anything the Q with 28mm lens will drop somewhat as soon as interchangeable lenses appear for the Q

Interchangeable lenses for the Q require application of a saw and I cannot guarantee for the results. Also I don’t expect a price drop (except the resale value of a Q with its lens cut off plummeting).

• 1 month later...

I bought a used T with 18-56 for 1595.00 then was able to purchase the 23mm cron for $860.00..

I was just a little disappointed at the speed of 18-56 as the flash is not very good. The F2 cron fixed everything as no flash is needed, focus is fast and ISO is good at 3200. The 18-56 is great outdoors and super sharp. Sold my X2 and Fuji x-e1 and now only shoot the T.

• Like 3