What not to do with a Leica Q

sls

I can confirm that elephants do have handlebars and as a sign of respect should not be made to play football and basketball. The monkeys were a complete hoot, so this story has a nice furry ending - although this was with my MM and 50mm/f2.

20624030529_415d62a235_b.jpgL1010078.jpg by Steven S, on Flickr

Edited by sls
  • Like 3

Steven,

good that you alright apart from a few bruises. These cameras are robust. Once my Canon 5DMKII fell down on a stone floor with a Zeiss wideangle lens being mounted. The only thing that broke was the plastic which covered the metal body. I have to tape it now with the famous gaffer tape. The camera itself works perfectly, The lens did not even get a scratch. It was being protected well by its metal hood as it seems. So, do not be concerned, your camera will hopefully work well after this crash. Better it will be to store it safely in a sturdy backpack. Thanks for sharing your adventure and good luck and nice shots.

I think it is the dust to worry about and put some tape on the mic/speaker holes. Before this little adventure I took it quad-biking through paddy fields with lots of water and mud flying about, but basically flat ground. I kept it slung round my back and it did not suffer at all.

Leica should be paying me for all this field testing. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...