3rd Party M-Adapter, left dial useless?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I received my T and I'm in love with it. It's an insane combo with my 50mm Summicron M.

BUT.. I have the 150€ Novoflex adapter and on Manual mode the left dial isn't giving me the focus helping option. Focus helping is switched on, but turning the left dial does nothing. 

Is that because of the 3rd party adapter or is it a camera issue? 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes! With the camera set on Aperture priority, focus aid works also with the cheap adapter.

That's nice to hear. I will try that. Although I liked going through shutterspeed with the right dial. I guess I just have to get the original adapter if I can't work with the Novoflex comfortably. The investment makes sense since I will only shoot M lenses on the T, but I thought I'd try the 150€ adapter before dropping 300€ on the original :)

It would be nice if Leica also produced a T-R adapter, with rotating collar for the tripod. The combination T-M/M-R is a hassle and has movement between them, this results in losing the levelling of the camera.

The T-R adapter of Novoflex prevents this and has the option of a rotating collar, but it doesn't play nice with the software of the T.

In M mode the right dial is shutter speed and the left is focus aid. Or nothing on the left with a Novoflex adapter.

That is also my experience. Could be solved in a firmware update, but I doubt that Leica will do this?

They want to keep Novoflex out of the system, I'm sure.