I just sold my T.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Really sad to say it, but after taking a trip to Olympic National Park and constantly having dust on the sensor when I'd stop to take photos, or the frustratingly slow and seemingly endlessly hunting AF at my 3 year old's birthday party (when I missed a shot of her blowing out her candles), I decided to try something else.

I really loved the system, but I think it needs a second generation before I can try again.

Bummed. :(

• Like 1

I just took the T through the plains and badlands of the Dakota's, NE, WY and MT.  

No dust on sensor issues.  I did have some dust last year with a Sony A7s...  It is easy to remove though and quite frankly it can happen with any camera...

With regards to the AF, I would love to see Leica do "a Fuji" on it and significantly improve it but to be honest but I can live with it as it currently is...  I wouldn't use it to shoot sports or action though...

Sorry to hear.  The T is not for everyone and every situation, and although takes great photos....with every thing there is a compromise.  My T, so far, have not had the dirty sensor problem and am often changing out M lenses plus I live in a way dusty environment.  I am wondering if the seal for the T lenses is not as tight as the M to T adapter?  I only use M lenses.  And can't comment on the auto focus, but that kind of rules in favor of manual.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Why even post in a T forum then?? ...

I should have been more specific: when I evaluated the purchase of a T system, I decided to skip also due to the lack of phase detect AF and any anti-dust techology.

And not only.

Problems can be predicted on paper.

I say "each to their own". If you want the best, fastest focusing camera, perhaps the T isn't the one for you. What is, I don't know, but I am sure there are faster out there.

And, further, I haven't used an A/F lens on mine, yet. Simply used my M lenses, and this really slows the pace down. A problem? Nope, not at all, it is what it is.

I'm glad C-Cat did his homework and decided against the T, before committing. This places a lot of speculation on the reviews etc that assisted with this decision though.

However, I along with numerous others are happy, and that is all that matters.

Gary

A sad story, not all horses a good on all courses!

I tend to like the higher end DSLR Nikons for those must get situations..

Hmmm. A kid's birthday party shouldn't call for high end pro gear IMHO. A camera that can't work in that kind of situation - which has arguably been made to appeal to exactly the type of user who wants a camera for parties and holidays - isn't really quite good enough. 

Edited by earleygallery

Hmmm. A kid's birthday party shouldn't call for high end pro gear IMHO. A camera that can't work in that kind of situation - which has arguably been made to appeal to exactly the type of user who wants a camera for parties and holidays - isn't really quite good enough. 

I kind of agree with you.  Who buys a M or T system, or even a Q to take family photos??  Some will say "why not?" and I can understand their viewpoint as well.  But I get annoyed that they sometimes don't take the time to learn how to take good photos,  which does take work, then complain or trash the camera.  Definitely those people need a good point and shoot.  If the T was meant to be just a point and shoot, then it has failed to reach its mark.  But I don't consider it for a second to be that type of camera.

I kind of agree with you.  Who buys a M or T system, or even a Q to take family photos??  Some will say "why not?" and I can understand their viewpoint as well.  But I get annoyed that they sometimes don't take the time to learn how to take good photos,  which does take work, then complain or trash the camera.  Definitely those people need a good point and shoot.  If the T was meant to be just a point and shoot, then it has failed to reach its mark.  But I don't consider it for a second to be that type of camera.

IT COULDN’T BE SIMPLER Never before has taking a Leica picture been so easy. The new Leica T

A large touchscreen. Four haptic control elements. A logically designed, intuitive und ergonomic handling concept. The Leica T needs nothing else. Never before has it been so easy to understand a camera. And to use it. Created to let you concentrate on your pictures. To maximise the joy of photography. To get the perfect picture.

(this is from the Leica website)

• Like 1

IT COULDN’T BE SIMPLER Never before has taking a Leica picture been so easy. The new Leica T

A large touchscreen. Four haptic control elements. A logically designed, intuitive und ergonomic handling concept. The Leica T needs nothing else. Never before has it been so easy to understand a camera. And to use it. Created to let you concentrate on your pictures. To maximise the joy of photography. To get the perfect picture.

If you'd used the 'T' camera for any length of time … i.e. had practical experience of it in various situations … instead of negatively, naysayingly, theorising and documenting your unfairly dismissive opinion …  :rolleyes:

Nobody is aware how the OP was using the camera i.e. what settings were chosen or what ambient light was available or if flash was used … there are so many variables which could affect focus. 

In my extensive experience of using the T including use 'in darkness' and 'low light' situations it is a very good point and shoot camera when using  AF lenses. 

dunk

Edited by dkCambridgeshire

Yep ha! I think the key words though are "never before has taking a Leica been.......", not comparing to other makers.  But I do think is over selling itself.  No argument.  It is however a very nice camera in the right hands, and is easier than an M or and R or an S.

If you'd used the 'T' camera for any length of time … i.e. had practical experience of it in various situations … instead of negatively, naysayingly, theorising and documenting your unfairly dismissive opinion …  :rolleyes:

Nobody is aware how the OP was using the camera i.e. what settings were chosen or what ambient light was available or if flash was used … there are so many variables which could affect focus. 

In my extensive experience of using the T including use 'in darkness' and 'low light' situations it is a very good point and shoot camera when using  AF lenses. 

dunk

Not disagreeing.  If someone knows how to use the camera properly, then it can work as a point and shoot.  I, for one, only use M lenses and can't speak for how well the auto focus works.  Regardless, people need to really learn the camera and not just think it's going to do what they want out of the box.

As Tom did, i got myself a second body today. It sat attached to a 23mm summ that i bought. So i can now shoot pictures of my drunk friends. Just press that button on top. Second body might come in handy once i fall over as well... 

I appreciate that josh explaines why hè sold the t and wish him all the best with his new camera. But i cannot grasp why someone jumps on his experiences just to bash a camera.

Fun to all t-shooters.

Edited by Hunebed
  • Like 3

A kid blowing out the candles usually isnt an unpredictable high speed movement and if one doesnt get this shot it doesnt mean its a faulty camera.