EVF-2 future replacement?/EVF4 {merged}

Cliff S

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So basically I'll need to buy a M-240 2016…

Funny boys

Did you really expect Leica to introduce a new EVF for a three years old camera (assuming it was even possible which it isn’t), being fully aware that it wouldn’t work with any future Leica camera as those would have the new interface?

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Did you really expect Leica to introduce a new EVF for a three years old camera (assuming it was even possible which it isn’t), being fully aware that it wouldn’t work with any future Leica camera as those would have the new interface?

It's a bit too much obsolescence for my taste, contradicting Leica's own official doxa.

It's a bit too much obsolescence for my taste, contradicting Leica's own official doxa.

Obsolescence? The M (Typ 240) continues to be a viable camera, be it with or without its optional EVF.

• Like 3

I use the EVF which I find works fine for framing and I very much like on FP how it indicates DOF when shifting f stops. I have all data necessary for exposure in my EVF so it is one stop exposure/composition management for me. Just hit the info button to scroll through what EVF views you want.

Perhaps objections come from experienced users who know the lens, DOF, framing. It is much easier making pictures when we do not need, or want information imposed upon the frame.

Pointless remark : I use OF when useful, and EVF when useful.

It's not a church, it's about photography.

With the caveat that this is an OV/RF camera with an auxiliary EVF. If you want to use an optimal EVF camera, look elsewhere.

Not really, it just uses the components available at the time of its design. Want newer, more advanced components? Then you need to get a newer, more advanced camera. That is the price to pay for buying into a rapidly developing technology.

• Like 3

There has never been a richer time in photography for choosing among capable....even extraordinary... tools, from a variety of manufacturers, Leica included.  If it's really about photography, one needn't wait around, or rely on the forum or church....choose tools that suit and get on with it.

Jeff

• Like 4