WiFi connect to computer

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Apologies if this has already been answered or I am missing something...

I would like to connect to the Q over WiFi from my computer (Mac) to transfer JPGs and MP4s. Has anyone figured out how to do this (via URL, I'm assuming)? As far as I can tell, Q WiFi only works with the iOS/Android App...

I thought you could do this as it's possible with the T but looking over the Q manual (page 224) the only option they give via computer is through USB connection. Probably better to do that anyway because using data connection via phone only allows for JPEG transfer at a lower then normal resolution.

We have had the exact same discussion over in the German forum...

The Q will only accept the Leica app via WIFI. I have set up the Q as a hotspot and connected my computer to it. I have then attempted to initiate a connection via a browser and got kicked out immediately.

At the moment, WIFI connectivity to the camera is via the Leica app only.

I assume that this is similar to Sony's wifi transfer of photo files. The wifi connection is between the camera and device (tablet, phone, computer) and the Sony app on the device recognize the files and and allows you to download them to the device. It is not a wifi network per se but a direct wifi connection between the devices. Wifi works very well on the Sony for quickly transferring photos on the go to a iPad so that you can easily see what you have taken. I don't own the Q but am interested in how this works. Is it similar?

The Leica App will allow you to backup and transfer the pictures as well as control the camera and show the viewfinder image on the iPhone

OK. That's similar to Sony's app, but they have two different ones. One to transfer files and another to control the camera. Good to know both can be done on the Leica. Thanks.

OK. That's similar to Sony's app, but they have two different ones. One to transfer files and another to control the camera. Good to know both can be done on the Leica. Thanks.

Yes, as soon as you have established the connection the app will ask you which mode you'd like to use