fastcar888

What strap are you using for the Q?

My red Tie Her Up! Riviera strap arrived today. I'm going to file the colour as "Brave", but it is still a bit of fun. I went for the longer 125 cm version. The leather feels fabulous 

I ordered it direct from the maker in Greece (it was a little cheaper than buying it in the UK), and it only took 7 days to arrive.

Got my highly customized Luigi Strap and half-case today. Unfortunately it's going to be remade as a major design feature was forgotten.  Luigi has been a champ about this, he caught one mistake before shipping, the other shipped as-is and unfortunately he will have to remake the half-case...  It does seem like very fine quality work though!

/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/917777/IMG_0207.jpg&key=c1fb0dc05f69fea7dd0d647ea3b943ddd0a6ebcf81318d8b1798916cb5fdebeb">

My red Tie Her Up! Riviera strap arrived today. I'm going to file the colour as "Brave", but it is still a bit of fun. I went for the longer 125 cm version. The leather feels fabulous 

I ordered it direct from the maker in Greece (it was a little cheaper than buying it in the UK), and it only took 7 days to arrive.

I have now three of the 125cm black versions  - they soften beautifully and fit nicely into the bag when not in use. Really impressed with their service too.

Ps yes a very brave colour you have there!

Edited by Ted Lemon

I like this system. Was it you or another forum member who mentioned it recently? I hadn't previously come across it and am very grateful to find it.

Very versatile and comfortable. Only problem was getting the cord of the anchor clips through the rather narrow camera eyelets. In the end I used some cotton thread as a pull-through. Perfect.

I find that the PD attachment system less in the way of my finger on the shutter release that the leather straps.

I have also tried various Leica leather straps. All have their points although I find split rings on the one that comes with the camera a little flimsy. The Peak Design strap system is a lot cheaper than the Leica leather!

Tim

Peak Design every time, great straps, so versatile, comfortable and interchangeable 

I wouldn't like to think I could trust cotton thread though, so I use small stainless steel split rings purchased off Amazon for next to nothing. They're strong and haven't gone misshaped  opening them up to fit the camera eyelets. Very strong indeed (I tested by trying to pull one apart)

Sorry about the quality of the photograph ... I'm still learning 

Sorry it shows my Fuji X-T1, guess I could have used the Fuji to take a photograph of the Q 

None.

Despite being a long term fan of wrist straps which I use on all my M cameras, my 6 month old used Q came with both the Q handgrip and a large finger loop which I thought I'd utilise.

Now I'm used to it, I like the combination very much. 

Hardgraft Slide Camera Wrist Strap and Hardgraft Box Camera Bag

I like the combination of the two. The Camera bag is big enough for my Q, extra battery and SD Card, as well as my wallet.  I then added Nite Ize S-Biner clips to the Q strap that easily allows me to clip it on when I don't want to carry the bag, which so far, has been rare.

Edited by Donberghof

Hardgraft Slide Camera Wrist Strap and Hardgraft Box Camera Bag

I like the combination of the two. The Camera bag is big enough for my Q, extra battery and SD Card, as well as my wallet.  I then added Nite Ize S-Biner clips to the Q strap that easily allows me to clip it on when I don't want to carry the bag, which so far, has been rare.

Case and strap LeicaQ.jpg

I've been loving the look of this bag but worried that it might be a bit too large, any thoughts? It looks well sized in this photo. Mostly concerned about how deep it is, looks great though!

It is surprisingly small and snug. Here are a couple of shots and my apologies for the lack of quality.  With the camera sideways as shown, there is very little room between the camera and top, maybe 1/2"-3/4". There is a little room in front of the camera and you can squeeze something next to the lens, obviously nothing that can scratch either item. I am able to pack my iphone 6 plus horizontally on top when tied down but at that point no easy way to take the camera out quickly.

It is small enough that I carry it as a bag all day without issues and I carry it with me most of the time. 

I wouldn't like to think I could trust cotton thread though, ....

Micky,

I think I may not have put it very clearly. The cotton thread is only to pull the PD anchor cord through the Q's eyelets, which I found difficult otherwise. Once the cord is through the cotton thread is removed. It plays no part in holding the PD anchors. Simply a means to get them fixed to the eyelets which have quite a narrow bore.

Tim

I liked the PD cuff so much I ordered the Sling, too.  It replaces the Black Rapid RS-7 that I'd been using with my SLR.  It will be nice to use cuff or sling on either camera (or the M-262 I'll be getting one of these days), swapping back and forth as I feel the need.  I like the design.

Micky,

I think I may not have put it very clearly. The cotton thread is only to pull the PD anchor cord through the Q's eyelets, which I found difficult otherwise. Once the cord is through the cotton thread is removed. It plays no part in holding the PD anchors. Simply a means to get them fixed to the eyelets which have quite a narrow bore.

Tim

Ha yes, indeed ... apologies. I tried to pull the Peak Design cord through the loop with button thread too, but it didn't work, still too tight. Hence my involvement with small stainless steel split rings. Good one Tim ...

Re read your post, you made it clear enough ... the fault was mine for the brain being ahead of the eyes. 

Regards

Edited by MickyW

The Peak Design tabs are a bit of a pain to get through the strap mounting lugs on the Q.  I think I used a tool made from an unbent paper clip to help get the job done.