What strap are you using for the Q?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have done it like this. No scratching and easy swivel when I twist the strap. No tendencies to loosen.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Strmbrg
  • Like 1

I've got a Gordy's wrist strap that I've put aside for the Leica Q.
https://gordyscamerastraps.com/products/wrist-strap-lug-mount

Quality and price are amazing and I've been using one on my old Fuji for years now.

The Q that I bought comes with a "guitar strap style" shoulder strap with a "Leica" logo on it, but I'm not tha's an official product.

Also, I've got a guitar strap for my DSLR and don't think I want it on a small portable camera.

Will go through this thread and gather some impressions. :)

Simple, straight, slim and black leather is what I'm leaning towards so far.

22 hours ago, mbphotox said:

........ Simple, straight, slim and black leather is what I'm leaning towards so far.

I am sure that is exactly what Leica supplies with the camera.

Edited by wda

1 hour ago, Strmbrg said:

The strap that came with my camera is of rather ugly lether, fixed rather long length and with rings that deforms by tension. 

I have never had Leica rings deform with normal usage. The leather is good quality and becomes more supple with use. My straps are entirely functional and are not destined for beauty competitions. The camera is more important and it is safe with a Leica strap. Personal choice.

I have been in search of half case and straps lately as well. Looked thru all related threads and posts and explored options such as ADM, Lim's and etc on Etsy, finally I settle for this setup with my Q:

Replace Leica half case protector with Lim's half case for the convenience of Tripod mount.

Stay with this op/tech wrist strap. It's very cheap and comfortable to wear,  easy on-off, you can find it on amazon.  

For shoulder strap, I decided to keep the original leather strap but added an extension plus S-biner for easy-no-off and adjustment when needed. 

Edited by Megan

I use the strap that came with the Q2. Im 5'11'' I think the length is perfect. I dont think it has that "touristy" look for my height.

Edited by Paolo123
Updated pic
  • Like 2

I got the Arte di Mano waxed cotton strap in black. I like it because it breathes unlike the leather straps and is flat, unlike the rope straps. It also wraps around my wrist pretty compactly too. 

• Like 1

AdM cotton strap looks cool, but...

That's a damn expensive piece of cotton string, there.. ouch! 200$ with shipping is simply INSANE!

otoh, they all seem to be crazy about premium shipping...

I really like the simple Angelo Pelle strap, with neck padding and adjustable length, but paying 60€ for the strap and add another 17€ on top for the shipping. (dude, I bet you 100 bucks that you can fit the strap in an envelope and send it over for 5€!)

Had a change in strap from Luigi to Artisan & Artist ACAm 306n in black. Love the feel and styling with the Q-P. 

• Like 3

• 4 years later...
On 8/30/2019 at 9:23 AM, IzelPhotography said:

Had a change in strap from Luigi to Artisan & Artist ACAm 306n in black. Love the feel and styling with the Q-P. 

Sorry to resuscitate a dead thread but those of you who have a neck/shoulder strap like this with a Q1/2/3; what is the comfort level like with the camera cross torso? I'm trying to decide between a fabric tape style A&A vs rope. Thanks!

50 minutes ago, Derbyshire Man said:

Sorry to resuscitate a dead thread but those of you who have a neck/shoulder strap like this with a Q1/2/3; what is the comfort level like with the camera cross torso? I'm trying to decide between a fabric tape style A&A vs rope. Thanks!

my rope strap is the most comfortable strap I have ever used in over 50 years of shooting cameras. just make sure you get one that is long enough- I do not remember the length of mine- but my Q sits/lays where my hand rests so literally no effort to bring it to my eye and cross body keeps it safe and unobtrusive

Edited by prk60091
  • Like 1