What strap are you using for the Q?

I'm using the Luigi strap along with his half case. I just got it as well as the Q and it's first excursion out into the world begins today as I begin my travels to Cuba. I have had Luigi cases and straps and still have the strap from my M8 in 2008. They are a bit thicker than most of the simple leather straps.

Thanks, that's my preferred kind of strap to be honest, so I'll certainly consider it. Which colour did you get? True to the product photos, I'm guessing? 

I got the black and brown, true to the product photos. But I "wear" mine with the black on the outside, opposite of the photos.  

Advertisement (gone after registration)

11378858_1095384887156297_1411229450_n.j

It would help if we knew what it was and where it can be purchased?     Does it have any "give" when worn, so that the whole weight of the camera isn't always on taken by the neck.  It looks like it might.

thanks.

It's an Annie Barton 72

http://anniebarton.com

red dot stock them.

Quality is excellent both in materials and build, thick and fairly resistant to twisting with some give. I also find the braiding offers great purchase in the hands and in my opinion the colours are quite nice too.

Edited by Mackered
  • Like 1

I'm using a wrist strap that came with some unremembered P&S camera purchased long ago.  I did improve the strap by wrapping a bit of cord around the strap to create a section about 1 cm long that I can slide up and down to close the strap around my wrist.  It is not fancy.  It works.

Artisan Strap 103N, black

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by j0e_5

• 2 weeks later...

Luigi is making me this set, but with dark brown thread instead of ivory and black suede instead of red.  I added in the right-side closed and battery door to the bottom as well.  

As a street shooter I'd like it to be more low-profile.  The RAF Pilot brown looks like it will be awesome!

case.jpg

I decided for a Sun-Sniper Pro.

The camera is fixed very safely on the tripod thread. It is at hand immediately. Since it is buffered on a thick shoulder pad, you do not feel any weight and feel free. A nice feature is the inline metallic thread, so the thread is protected against theft. If you register your product a guarantee is being launched for 2 years. It covers an amount of 1.000 €. This is no deal for a Leica camera but still, if you carry along some cheaper gear it is a nice offer.

I decided for a Sun-Sniper Pro.

The camera is fixed very safely on the tripod thread. It is at hand immediately. Since it is buffered on a thick shoulder pad, you do not feel any weight and feel free. A nice feature is the inline metallic thread, so the thread is protected against theft. If you register your product a guarantee is being launched for 2 years. It covers an amount of 1.000 €. This is no deal for a Leica camera but still, if you carry along some cheaper gear it is a nice offer.

It also is very handy for dropping lens caps, particularly those you slide from the top over the lens hood. Nonetheless, I like mine very much for walks.

Any idea where one can buy on-line a plain brown 120cm leather neck strap? The only ones I find are 90-105cm which I find too short for my taste.

Thorsten Overgaard wrote about these in his Q review, you can choose 125cm and brown: http://www.tieherup.eu/collections/handmade-leather-camera-straps/products/riviera-strap

• Like 2