What strap are you using for the Q?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

One day  - in a moment of weakness I splurged, and purchased a "Redier" strap - sub titled "Fashion up your gear".  I actually like it now having used it for over a year.  Very comfortable.  I really appreciate the short ties (they gave me two sets) which allow me to very quickly take off the strap when mounting on a tripod and  my two main camera systems can share the same strap. 

Rick

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
I have an A&A silk strap. I'm not sure how much "give" you are looking for but the strap functions perfectly and looks brilliant.

It's also extremely uncomfortable around the neck and I won't be buying another.

The best strap that I have is a lightweight nylon Pentax strap which I have used for years on a Leica M7. It functions perfectly well and is broad enough around the neck or on the shoulder to be comfortable also makes me feel a bit less like a Leica fanboy.

Most importantly it definitely helps my camera take better pictures.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Peak Design wrist strap. I've come to truly appreciate their products.

Yep, me too. First bought the Peak Design backpack when I had the Canon 5D. Very functional with modern design. Compliments everywhere. Then I bought the Peak Design Quick Strap so I can interchange it with my smaller bag or camera quickly as needed.

Once I bought the Q, I got the Peak Design Everyday Sling 5L which works wonderfully as it has enough room for the Q, plus a few filters and the GorillaPod X1. 

And lastly bought the Peak Design Wrist strap.

I guess they hooked me in for a while. 

Edited by djinn415
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

After using a couple of A&A straps, a woven and an adjustable, and a Dead Cameras shoulder strap I finally sprung for a Benz. Right out of the box it's a perfect fit, feels good, doesn't slip off my shoulder and looks great (the iPhone pic doesn't do it justice). I look forward to breaking it in.

Benz%20strap%20on%20Leica%20Q_zpswakjakh

Nice one. What size is it?

After using a couple of A&A straps, a woven and an adjustable, and a Dead Cameras shoulder strap I finally sprung for a Benz. Right out of the box it's a perfect fit, feels good, doesn't slip off my shoulder and looks great (the iPhone pic doesn't do it justice). I look forward to breaking it in.

Benz%20strap%20on%20Leica%20Q_zpswakjakh

Nice one. What size is it?

This is what I have for my beloved Q and started to post for sales today in facebook as I just have another Q in Silver from M9 upgrade program. 

Edited by hippo

The most next to nothing strap I can find: a thin, narrow, flat strip of nylon with very small quick release clips very close to the camera, such that when I undo it, the Q has very little attached to it.  On the right I have a second quick release "clip-tag" through the same mount hole, to attach a wrist strap, again of thin, flat nylon.  I prefer the camera quickly releasable from all straps.  Removed, the flat straps go into the bag easily taking up almost no room, and the camera has a minimum of attached "stuff." 

• 1 year later...
On 10/3/2017 at 12:08 PM, SonomaBear said:

Peak Design system for the Leica Q

Left: the new version of the "Leash" attached to Q's side and bottom.  The new plate allows full access to battery/card door!

Middle: one of the connectors.  Note, the attachment will not scratch anything, yet holds 200 pounds.

Mid-Right:  The new "Cuff" which attaches to one side of the Q to allow one-handed operation, then wraps around your wrist when the Q is detached.

Right: The "Capture" with "ProPad" (and mounting plate) which allows the Q to safely attach to your belt.  Note that the bottom plate (ARCA compatible) does block the access door.  I use this when carrying tripod into woods.  Rarely need access door of Q and the plate is quickly removed when needed.

I now have boxes of other straps since I use Peak Design straps on every camera.

How you manage to put PD anchors through?

I use peak design Leash, compact, and they have smart way to take out the strap.

I normally use the Peak Design Cuff but I also have the Leash in my bag when I want to hang the camera off me.

The material is flexible and comfortable and the little bit of leather accent help to appease the leather addict in me. Both take up very little room in the bag and it is easy to swap between the two or remove them when on a tripod.

Edited by iRandom

After reading that the Peak Design loops fit the camera direct, I dropped the metal loops... less to scratch the camera.

I was a little concerned as to whether the buckle part of the Peak Design system would mark the paint so added some very sticky flocking tape to the back of them. I've butchered my peak design strap, taking the buckles of it and attached them to my Luigi camera strap. It means I can use my favourite camera strap along with the Peak Design wrist strap. Happy with the outcome as it seems to match the Q-P nicely

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, IzelPhotography said:

After reading that the Peak Design loops fit the camera direct, I dropped the metal loops... less to scratch the camera.

I was a little concerned as to whether the buckle part of the Peak Design system would mark the paint so added some very sticky flocking tape to the back of them. I've butchered my peak design strap, taking the buckles of it and attached them to my Luigi camera strap. It means I can use my favourite camera strap along with the Peak Design wrist strap. Happy with the outcome as it seems to match the Q-P nicely

I was amazed when you could put the loops fit the cam direct :O, it so small so i have to use the metal loops.

13 minutes ago, dusuacangmong said:

I was amazed when you could put the loops fit the cam direct :O, it so small so i have to use the metal loops.

I used an Apple SIM card draw opener to thread them through... I knew it would serve a purpose one day😂 Although, I love the idea of using dental floss to pull it through!!!

Edited by IzelPhotography